Monday, September 13, 2010

ECPD Blue

ECPD Blue

With Nemesis in cuffs, a WECN news helicopter down in the middle of the street, several dead wise guys, several hundred thousand dollars in property damage, and possible gang war brewing ECPD is looking for some answers if they're going to be able to put a stop to the bloodhed, and two of Empire City's newest heroes, Slik Slander and Diesel, are in the hot seat.

171 comments:

  1. Diesel starts. "Well the truth is that I'm simply a concerned citizen who heard of the shooting and thought there might be more trouble brewing, so I decided to check it out. I think it was mere coincidence that the other masked gentleman showed up when he did," gesturing to Slik, "since ultimately he was able to catch the gunman. I do apologize for calling you Spiderman. I just got carried away in the heat of the moment."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slik looks over at Diesel and shrugs, "No offense man, I take it as a compliment... I've been called a heck of a lot worse before." Slik turns to Det. Jones, "My story is pretty much the same, since names were mentioned though I'll let you know that I go by Slik Slander.. that's Slick without a C if you want to write it down, but not Silk... I just wanted something that sounds fancy. I'm a concerned citizen myself, and neither fond of the mobs, gangs, or self styled super crooks in the city... so I decided to put on a mask myself.... an obnoxious looking one, yes, but a mask all the same. Consider me the bully of the bullies if you will. Up until tonight I've consider myself as working alone... but I must say that I'm extremely appreciative of the assistance from every one involved... you, Detective Jones, your squad, and... uhm... this dude here in the cool looking armor that I've not quite got to officially meet yet."

    ReplyDelete
  3. "My name is..." he pauses for a moment, thinking, when suddenly his idling Diesel engine kicks up a notch. "My name is Diesel! Pleased to formally meet you!"
    He holds out his hand to shake Slik's hand (and then Detective Jones)
    "I'm new at this."

    OOC: He doesn't have the "D" on his chest yet, but he soon will!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GM Replies

    Det. Jones Responds - "Either of you guys ever seen Nemesis before, or have a clue as why Dragons and the Leonettis would have beef? And would you two be willing to testify in court?"

    As Det. Jones speaks, there's a knock at the door, and in walks a uniformed officer. "Hey, Nate, that nosy reporter, April Green is at the desk, with a camera crew. She says she want to talk to you, and these two guys about what happened. You want me to get rid of her?"

    Det. Jones excuses himself, and heads out to talk with April.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. GM Replies to Stalker

    Meanwhile, at the port of Empire City, things have been pretty quiet, since the big bust. It's given you time to dig up some info on your two "diplomats" and some info on the guy that busted them.

    The so-called diplomatic security guys are being shipped back home, with orders not to be allowed back in the US. The artifacts they were busted with, were stolen from an Italian museum several months ago. INTERPOL had been tracking them, until a few weeks ago. From what you can gather, the two guys on the docks were there to buy them for their "President", Gen. Hassan, of Qatan.

    As far as your mystery hero goes, you've found several mentions of a guy that fits his description making life hard for several of EC's drug gangs. You make a mental note to check him out, and keep an eye on his activities.

    On the work front things are going good, but you're still getting a "bad vibe" from GENOM, and you continue to see news reports about this new drug "Boost", that's been popping. From what the news reports say, it's like nothing that's ever hit the streets before. You guys are supposed to be getting a brief on what to look out for in a few days. So until then, you're free to dig around for more info on it on your own.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  6. GM Replies to T-Bolt

    Thanks to your little action down at the docks, you've managed to get yourself in the press. While the BSI Agents, Port Police, and ECPD officers you dealt with, are cool with you, their bosses, would very much like to speak with you.

    Also, word on the street is that the Leonetti's are royally pissed at you, and want some payback. You managed to make them look bad, and took a nice little chunk of change out of their pockets, all in one night.

    Your also hearing reports, that a new high quality synthetic drug is hitting the streets. "Boost" as, they're calling it, is hitting the Empire City club scene like wildfire, and the stuff is dangerous. Not only does it boost the user's physical abilities, it's extremely addictive. Users are ODing on it left and right.

    The DEA and ECPD narcotics squads are just now starting to look into it, but can't quit figure out where it's coming from. The stuff isn't like anything they've ever seen before. It's like it just appeared overnight.

    You make sure to not there's a couple of clubs you want to check out, as you've heard that you can score Boost at them, pretty easily, and you want to see what's up with your own eyes.

    Before heading out, you spend a little time talking with your father, and he casually mentions that thing have been really busy at GENOM's warehouse. The last few weeks have seen deliveries shy rocket. The place has been going 24/7. He doesn't mind though, as he's been picking up plenty of OT. His comment gets you wondering. Is it mere coincidence that the increased activity at GENOM just happens to correspond with the sudden appearance of Boost?

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shawn takes in the info following the news reports as they come in on the TV News… he has been keeping a somewhat lower profile trying to gauge the response not only from the ECPD and BSI but also the Media Press and the Criminal elements – specifically the Leonetti’s. He must be especially careful about his identity… he does not want his family endangered more than he must.

    Shawn smiles for his dad, “Well I’m glad you’re getting your legs back under you pops…getting to work is good! Just be careful… as you always told me… ‘a good cop is diligent and persistent and can chase the crooks, but a great cop watches, plans and catches the crooks…’, I been hearing some fishy stuff on the news about a new super-drug 'Boost' that’s suddenly appeared on the streets – nobody knows where its coming from and its…like EVERYWHERE… GENOM is a pharmaceuticals company… its strange is all. Just be careful… you’re the only dad I got! Oh and you should contact some of your old-pals from the ECPD Force… I’m sure they’d like to hear your back working…”.

    Shawn gives his dad a warm hug of support and pride.

    Before heading out to “Tony’s Cycles & Scooter Repair”, Shawn goes to his sister Sarah’s room. He knocks, “Hey Sarah… I wanna talk… you are not in trouble… I’m not here to bust your chops or anything… just a big bro worried about his lil sis. I’m coming in.”

    He pauses just a moment more then enters her room...

    Looking at the general state of disarray her room is usually in, he smirks and shuts the door behind him. Stepping over to her bed he sits on the edge and sighs.

    “I know we have … never really talked about... that night at the junk yard... but I think it’s time we did...”

    ReplyDelete
  8. GM Replies to T-Bolt

    As you speak to your sister, you hear a loud "crash" outside the window, and someone yelling out "Hey, somebody stop him, he just broke my window!"

    As you glance out the window, you see a young white male, without a shirt and shoes. He's wild eyed, sweating, and breathing hard. There are several passers by looking at him.

    He suddenly bellows out "You wanna #$%& with me!", and then he starts laughing uncontrollably, before he runs into the middle of the street.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shawn glances quickly up and down the street looking for any moving cars that might threaten the boy’s safety.

    Then smiles, and cupping his hand next to his mouth shouts, “…Next time use the Door!”

    Turning, he gives Sarah a reproving look, “Was that… Justin …from high-school?”

    He casually returns to the edge of the bed and sits commenting casually, “…nice kid. He’s in Master Choy’s Intermediate Tae Kwon Do class on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Good kid… mostly. Don’t you lead him on… Sarah! …and No… I’m not angry. I had girlfriends in High-School too… just be responsible and use protection…”

    He sits letting her consider his words and reply.

    Thinking, {It’s hard being the cool older brother… but I don’t want her to feel she has to hide stuff from me by always coming down on her… she’s almost..no..IS a young woman now… Hard to remember that sometimes… when she’s ALWAYS gonna be my lil sis…}

    Then he continues, “…I know …you saw what I did to those suits who abducted us and dragged us to the junkyard… I wanna know… have …you experienced …anything like that?”

    ReplyDelete
  10. GM Replies to T-Bolt.

    You yell out the window, and return to your conversation. As you try to speak with your sister, the commotion outside the window continues. Year hear the sound of a car skidding, and a loud "Crash", and a scream. "Oh my God, run!", and "Some body call the cops."

    Annoyed, you glance out the window to see, a car, the font in smashed, and your shirtless friend standing on the hood, stomping the roof in with his bare feet, laughing.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shawn turns to Sarah, “…what the heck? Ok, talk Sarah…what was going on up here? Was Justin taking ‘Boost’... were YOU taking Boost? Look this is important… that stuff I think is the same smak we were drugged with the night of the lightning storm in the junk-yard… maybe the formula’s a little different but I think it’s made by the same people! That stuff is dangerous… instantly addictive and users quickly O.D. and die on it! Tell me the truth if you like Justin… his life may be at stake!!!”

    ReplyDelete
  12. Since it sounds like we will be getting more info on Boost from brass, I ask C to put it on a back burner as far as searching the net goes. I do ask him to look into finding any dealers or pushers of the new stuff.

    I take as much time as I can paroling the area around Genome . I'm starting to get a bit more comfortable with the new throwing blades, C really did a good job on them. Magnets inside the pouch keep them from clinking together. Of course after what I saw of the new cape in town,they might not be effective. Will have to look into him and some ways to keep my hide from burning if need be.

    As I sit on a roof top looking at the Genome building, I feel like I used to when I was on the teams before a mission, all amped up. That could be bad since I'm not sure what is next. The chatter on the police band is really giving me nothing. The sounds of it echo inside the helmet. Almost like background noise to me now. The Infra red and night lenses have almost become second nature as well. As an late rain begins to fall I pull up the hood of my cape,hoping for some break in the search. I hate stakeouts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Diesel looks at Slik. "I don't know about you, but I can't admit to anyone who I am. I'm not willing to put my friends and family in danger. I think there are enough witnesses already. What do you think?"

    He'll wait for a response then continue.

    "That was pretty freaky back there, were you just making him talk by using a submission hold? He didn't seem the type to squeal so easily."

    ReplyDelete
  14. Slik looks over and shrugs, "I feel the same way man, and I'm in the same situation, but what do we do? If we just leaves it could make us look guilty." (Pause) "You have any ideas of how we can get out of it."
    (Pause and then answers next question)
    "Oh, my interrogation technique... nah, its independent from my grappling bit. Let's just say for now that I'm a freakish mixed bag of tricks. And speaking of tricks, I gotta figure me out a better supplier of chain... after seeing the abilities of that cat we faced tonight, it doesn't look like what I can get at Lowe's hardware store is gonna cut it."

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Well...," Diesel ponders for a moment, "I think that I'm willing to make a statement officially as Diesel, and I'd even be willing to go to court. As Diesel. If they want much more than that, I don't think I can do it. Besides. Where there's smoke there's fire and I can imagine that this Nemesis guy might just be the start. There's some weird stuff going on. Wasn't there a fire just yesterday that also seemed suspicious. I think we might be needed in our superhero capacity there much more so than in a court of law.

    "Besides, there were a ton of people that can testify that he shot at innocent people. hell, the helicopter alone should be several attempted murders. Funny. It seems like he wasn't trying to hurt us at first, but then he seemed to get more and more desperate.

    As to your chain, I might be able to help you out. I work with some pretty tough metals, so I'm sure I could come up with something stronger." If the chain is there, Diesel will start looking at it, examining the size and structure. [Metalsmithing skill]

    ReplyDelete
  16. GM Replies to T-Bolt

    Sarah replies - "I'm, so...sorry, I ran into him at a club last night. Club Ecstasy, he was acting weird, all hyped up, I didn't know what to do, so I left, and I think he followed me home. He's been out there for a couple of hours pacing backing forth, and talking to himself. It was really freaking me out."

    ReplyDelete
  17. GM Replies to Stalker

    The night is pretty boring. The standard security patrols going about their business, and one delivery. A semi-truck hauling a tanker. You jot down the license plate to check it out later, as well as snap a couple of pictures.

    You begin to let your mind wonder off for a few minutes, when you get a text message from C. He's managed to dig up a little info on a club called Club Ecstasy. From what he can tell, it's mobbed up, and the several of the people who've recently OD on Boost supposedly frequented the place. He knows that, you'll probably want to take a look at it before heading home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. GM Replies to Slik and Diesel

    As the two of you talk amongst yourselves, Det. Jones re-enters the room. "Sorry about that. Aprils nice to look at, but sometimes she can be a pain in the a$$.

    As I was saying before the interruption, your testimony would help keep this guy off the streets. Something big is brewing, and the fewer unknowns I have to deal with the better. What do you say?"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Slik turns towards Detective Jones and says quite frankly,
    "Detective Jones, first off I want to let you know that the both of us are sincerely grateful for your cooperation tonight and we both consider the safety of the city to be our highest priority right now. Second, we both believe that the law must be upheld and in order to do so, the courts must be allowed to serve proper justice to both the guilty and the innocent. Now, that aside... we have a few concerns."
    Slik pauses for a second and looks over at the armored suit called Diesel to see if there is a hint that he is in agreement.
    "Here's our situation, obviously we are capes. Obviously we have strange powers, abilities, and/or technologies that puts us at a certain disadvantage over the criminal underworld of this otherwise good city. A disadvantage that I certainly enjoy having and would like to keep to myself. There's a reason we wear these masks and elaborate costumes, and certainly there's a reason that we just don't go up and introduce our selves as Mr. So and So, who lives on such and such drive. Do you follow me so far?"
    Slik pauses to wait for Det. Jones to at least give some sort of nod, if not a verbalized understanding. Assuming that he does, Slik continues.
    "With that in mind, we've probably made a few enemies tonight. Fortunately I think we've made enemies with the scum of the city and not with the good city's protectors of the peace. Granted, I was a bit worried that we were running a bit foul of the law by taking the liberty to pursue the gunman rather than settle things up with your unit first. Hence our reasons for being so cooperative up to this point. I don't want to be enemies of the police, that would be a direct contradiction of my mission.. and of this other gentleman's mission right here."
    Slik pauses, looks over at the suit of armor, and asks, "You are a gentleman, correct? I can't really tell under all that metal... if you are a 'mam then please accept my apologies, I really meant no... ahem..."
    Slik suddenly feels a bit embarrassed, and fortunately has that foul, bully good wrestling mask of his to cover up his blushing.
    "Ahem, sorry about that... as I was saying... what was I saying, it's rather late and I'm starting to... oh, yes, we have our reasons for concealing our identities. That in mind, I personally have no qualms about appearing in court, provided that I can appear in costume and be addressed and recorded by my working cape identity of Slik Slander. And I'm sure that the same goes for this here hero sitting next to me."

    ReplyDelete
  20. Slik turns towards Detective Jones and says quite frankly,
    "Detective Jones, first off I want to let you know that the both of us are sincerely grateful for your cooperation tonight and we both consider the safety of the city to be our highest priority right now. Second, we both believe that the law must be upheld and in order to do so, the courts must be allowed to serve proper justice to both the guilty and the innocent. Now, that aside... we have a few concerns."
    Slik pauses for a second and looks over at the armored suit called Diesel to see if there is a hint that he is in agreement.
    "Here's our situation, obviously we are capes. Obviously we have strange powers, abilities, and/or technologies that puts us at a certain disadvantage over the criminal underworld of this otherwise good city. A disadvantage that I certainly enjoy having and would like to keep to myself. There's a reason we wear these masks and elaborate costumes, and certainly there's a reason that we just don't go up and introduce our selves as Mr. So and So, who lives on such and such drive. Do you follow me so far?"
    Slik pauses to wait for Det. Jones to at least give some sort of nod, if not a verbalized understanding. Assuming that he does, Slik continues.
    "With that in mind, we've probably made a few enemies tonight. Fortunately I think we've made enemies with the scum of the city and not with the good city's protectors of the peace. Granted, I was a bit worried that we were running a bit foul of the law by taking the liberty to pursue the gunman rather than settle things up with your unit first. Hence our reasons for being so cooperative up to this point. I don't want to be enemies of the police, that would be a direct contradiction of my mission.. and of this other gentleman's mission right here."
    Slik pauses, looks over at the suit of armor, and asks, "You are a gentleman, correct? I can't really tell under all that metal... if you are a 'mam then please accept my apologies, I really meant no... ahem..."
    Slik suddenly feels a bit embarrassed, and fortunately has that foul, bully good wrestling mask of his to cover up his blushing.
    "Ahem, sorry about that... as I was saying... what was I saying, it's rather late and I'm starting to... oh, yes, we have our reasons for concealing our identities. That in mind, I personally have no qualms about appearing in court, provided that I can appear in costume and be addressed and recorded by my working cape identity of Slik Slander. And I'm sure that the same goes for this here hero sitting next to me."

    ReplyDelete
  21. [OOC] Sorry about the double post... the system was acting a bit funny.

    ReplyDelete
  22. [OOc] Ugh! meant to say "advantage" instead of "disadvantage"

    ReplyDelete
  23. Shawn looks…confused, “uhm... I thought... er... wasn’t he...? Ah... nevermind what I thought... No, you don’t have to be sorry Sarah. I’m sorry, I jumped to... some conclusions don’t worry... I’ll take care of him. I’ll get him some help…go call the Drug O.D. hotline on the fridge downstairs... I’ll subdue him... gently. But he’s going need professional medical attention...

    He users Sarah out of the room then turns to the window, looking out at the young teenager on a ‘boost’ rampage.

    {Hmmm... heightened strength, agility and likely endurance as well... part of me would love nothing better than to scrap it out... hand to hand... I think I could take him… he’s not gonna fight smart... I have my faculties he’s unbalanced... But I don’t need anyone in the neighborhood putting two and two together about Thunderbolt and me. Besides… superhuman strength is nothing to mess with… I might get in over my head... not prudent. No, best just take him down... subtly without drawing attention to me... boring as that might seem. Can’t have the Mob snooping around me after rumors of some black kid with white hair beating down a boost addict with his bare hands that accidentally spat lightning once or twice... gotta think of dad and sis... can’t put them at risk}

    Stepping to the widow corner and back just a bit from the window so he is standing in mostly shadows from any outside viewer Shawn stretched out his will and the magnetic field around him bent to his command.

    The young Justin was still stomping up and down on the car hood.

    Shawn smiled, {Heh, He’ll never know what hit him...}

    Grabbing magnetically hold of the four metal hubcaps on the slowly being demolished car Shawn spins them through the air low to the ground darting in simultaneously from four opposite directions at the raving youth atop the car. The first strikes Justin edgewise behind the knee to upset his balance the second impacted his belly edgewise just below his ribcage into his solar plexis to knock the wind out of him while the last two flipped into the air each striking him in the head front and back with the broad flat surfaces of the hub caps like a swung skillet pan ‘WONK, WANG!’

    With the initial strikes Shawn just continues spinning the hubcaps in the air around him hitting Justin from blindsides with the four metal clubs like an angry storm of flying metal until the boy drops bruised and battered but mostly unharmed.

    Actions –
    [1 Action] Manipulate Metallic Objects- PR4, 4x Metal Hubcaps {3lbs each?}; Total WT: 12lbs{?}
    Magnetic Capacity: 800lbs – 788lbs remaining available – 1d4{Velocity 31” of 3lb object}
    * Velocity Damage only …the hubcaps are too light for any WT damage
    [Action 2] holding to react to whatever target ‘Justin’ does

    ReplyDelete
  24. [OOC: I may have to take multiple actions to strike Justin with all the hubcaps at once... but Shawn is not hitting him with the full velocity he could put behind the objects. Justin is not a hardened criminal hurting people just a poor kid having a bad-trip. Shawn doesn't feel any hatred...only pity for another victim of these evil drug pusher, he should have no trouble reigning in his control issues. He really doesn't want to hurt Justin... unlike some of the criminals he fights. I figure getting hit 4 times with a 1d4 attack might suffice for a Level one mostly normal opponent... he is enhanced so maybe a few more hits for good measure.]

    ReplyDelete
  25. [ooc 2: Oh..and as far as I can tell Magnetic Control doesn't seem to have a visible effect so Shawn's hiding is not necessary but his just being VERY cautious... he does not want ANY clues getting out as to his super ID!]

    ReplyDelete
  26. I make my way to the address for Club Ecstasy. I find a good perch were I can watch for a bit before heading in for the night. Just as reported it looks like a lot of the 'family' members visit it's awful tempting not to go knocking on heads. I take photos of folks coming and going. I'll make sure C get's them as soon as I get in.

    After several hours it looks like I won't be getting more that a couple hours of sleep when I get home. I make sure to secure the fire escape and window when I make my way back into the loft. Looking around I see that Craig is already in his bunk. I plop the helmet and the camera on his workbench before hitting a hot shower. It's a tired body I lower into my own bed,I hope to get some action soon. The waiting is getting to me more than the action ever does

    ReplyDelete
  27. Diesel nods in agreement. "I concur with everything you said, and yes, for the record I am a 'he'. Detective Jones, Is everyone OK from the helicopter? I feel like I ushered them out but then had to look elswhere."

    ReplyDelete
  28. GM Replies to Diesel and Slik

    Det. Jones - "Well, gentlemen I've got a lot of paperwork to do, so I'm going to be cutting you loose (as he speaks he hand you both his business cards), how do I get in touch with you?"

    ReplyDelete
  29. GM Replies to Thunderbolt

    Your magnetic attack doesn't give away your position, but it does knock Shawn to the ground, stunning him. Shawn, gets up, and goes berserk, kicking in the side of the car he was trashing, as he does, the few onlookers, who were watching the scene, scatter. As you observe his actions, the sound of police sirens can be heard in the distance.

    ReplyDelete
  30. GM Replies to Stalker

    C takes your camera, and begins to run some facial recognition software on it, and taking notes. He also has a nice little file for you to read over on the club.

    From what he's been able to dig up on the net, Club Ecstasy is the new EC hotspot, where the average citizen can hang out with the rich and famous, mobsters, to local celebrities.

    ECPD and the feds are interested in the place, as it's reported financed with mob money, and drugs flow as freely as water. At least half a dozen of the recent Boost ODs have been regulars at their Friday and Saturday night Raves. The parties kick off a 9PM and run until 5AM. ECPD usually add additional foot and vehicle patrols to the area, as there's always an increase in arrests for everything from drunk and disorderly, to public urination, to drug possession.

    ReplyDelete
  31. [OOC: Thunderbolt’s name is Shawn… the boys name is Justin… :) ]

    Shawn grimaces, {Ok. Tougher than I thought!!! Cops on the way…this is gonna get real ugly if I don’t resolve it quick…sigh…sorry kid… kid gloves off…}

    Shawn looks at the vehicles parked and the few that are still running and abandoned, he makes note of the evening street lamps that have come on, and the hanging power lines {…looks like enough juice to do the trick…}

    Shawn concentrates and forces his will upon the flow of electricity in the street area seizing control of the electrical power block-wide and once he has built up the charge sufficiently {from cover... out of line of sight} changes the current potential between the Berserk Justin still mangling the running mostly metal car and the powered electrical currents around him... to zero.

    Which manifests as a stream of lightning from the street lamps, the parked cars the very power-lines lining the street to arc lightning at the boy as if her were the center of a Van de Graaff Generator creating a dazzling display of electrical fury for one incandescent moment!

    *SHAaaaa-CRACK!!!!*

    Actions –
    [Action 1] Electric {Lightning} Control = Gathering electrical current from environment… so he does not have to make himself obvious by throwing a lightning bolt from his hand at Justin.

    [Action 2] Electric {Lightning} Control = Lightning Bolt at Justin – Ra 28”, Dam 2d8, PR=4, +2 Acc, +4 Heightened Expertice {All Weapons}, Dam Mod +1

    ReplyDelete
  32. GM Replies to T-Bolt

    With a thunderous crack, Shawn is struck by a series of electrical bolts, that send him flying into the ground. Sweat now steaming from his body, he begins to convulse.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  33. It might be stupid, but Shawn really cares for the incidental people in his life and seeing Justin begin to react badly he acts without thinking - following his heart. He dashes from the room running down the stairs in a hurry yelling for Sarah, “Sarah call the Hayes Memorial Hospital… it’s the nearest… Justin’s in trouble!!!”

    If he sees his father he will yell “POPS! Get the Car ready… we may need to get a kid to the hospital!!!”

    Shawn dashes out the front door sprinting to the boy’s side he picks him up checking his pulse and speaking comfortingly to him, “Hey Justin, take it easy kid… It's Shawn …from Master Choy’s Tae Kwon Do class… I got ya kid… it’ll be alright, hang in there!!!”

    {Shawn has no first aid skill but he tries check him – breathing heart rate etc… to see how he is and to hold him still so his convulsions do not harm him further. Shawn looks around to see if anyone is watching… as he ponders flying the boy directly to the hospital right now…!!!}

    ReplyDelete
  34. After my shift at the docks, I grab my gear and make my way to the club. I'm gonna make myself useful to the local police department. I find myself a good spot to watch for drunk and dis-orderliness. Specifically those who happen to be members of the 'family'. Empire City can do without guys like that

    ReplyDelete
  35. Diesel stops for a moment and then says, "Let me have a piece of paper." He proceeds to write an email address: diesel_161803@gmail.com on a piece of paper twice and hands copies to both Slik and the Detective.

    When he leaves, Diesel visibly slumps in relief.
    "Whew, thanks man, that could've gotten ugly. So how do we get out of here without the press jumping all over us? I know the various water and utility tunnel underneath the city fairly well, but I'm not sure if one connects to this building. Say do you mind if take a piece of this broken chain with me?"

    ReplyDelete
  36. GM Replies to Stalker

    As you arrive at Shawn's side, he stops convulsing, goes stiff, and lets out one long slow breath of air, before going limp in your arms. While you don't have any medical skills, you can tell he's not breathing.

    You can see the hear the sounds of police cars, and see flashing lights just down the street, and a small crowd's started to gather around the scene. you hear the voices of several people in the background. "Jeezuz, I think he's dead." "Somebody do something!"

    One idiot is fumbling with his cellphone trying to get video of the whole thing.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  37. GM Replies to Stalker

    You've got the day off, and can spend the entire night monitoring the club. You pick a spot that allows you to covertly monitor the comings and goings. 8 PM there's already a line forming.

    The front door is being watched by two of the large guys in jeans, black T-shirts, and black sports coats. The side door dosen't have anyone watching it, but you can clearly see a security camera. The parking lot is also covered by several cameras. As the night progresses, a steady stream of young people enter the club, and the line never seems to get any smaller.

    Around midnight, four men, dressed the same as the two guys watching the front door, exit the side door dragging a man with them. They stand him up, and one of them lays a punch in his gut. You can't quite make out what they're saying to him, before they toss him, on the ground, and walk away laughing.

    Not long after that, an attractive female, dressed in a short skirt, stumbles out the door, holding one high heeled shoe, and carrying the other. She takes a few steps, and reaches into her purse, and pops something into her mouth before sitting down next to a car, and passing out.

    Approximately 10 minutes later, two shady looking males approach her. They stop, look around, and then one of them pokes her with his foot. She shifts around, but doesn't respond. They look around again, and then squat down. One of them lifts up her skirt, and the other appears to be standing guard.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  38. Shawn’s heart turns cold… it was never his intention to hurt the boy… just keep him from hurting others or himself…

    Seeing the person with the cell phone flares his anger and he yells at him, “HEY A@#hole!!! How about calling for help rather than taking pictures you @#$%ing Jerk!!!???”

    But Shawn turns away from the insensitive creep taking pictures more concerned about the boy not breathing. Calling up everything he can possibly remember from the spotty swimming class safety videos he’d seen in school he acts asking loudly to those around him, “He’s not breathing anyone know CPR? I don’t know if his heart has stopped…”

    Not waiting for a response Shawn Lays the boy out on the ground slips his hand behind the boy’s neck lifting slightly to open his mouth then pinching his nose takes a deep breath and covering Justin’s mouth with his own blows into him watching for his chest to expand. Repeating it three times… He’s not sure if he’s doing it correctly but he’s trying.

    He feels Justin’s neck looking for a pulse if he feels none he will move to straddle the boy feeling the line of his ribs to his sternum then moving just a little higher clasps his hands together placing the heel of his hand on that spot and gives Justin’s chest 5 quick compressions. He thinks this is how it is done… but he can’t recall all the details…

    Shawn feels stupid he not sure he’s doing this correctly, if he is just too late, or hurting the boy even more… but reason flees his mind as he desperately tries to save the boy’s life. Pumping his chest and breathing for him until someone forcefully stops him.

    “Come on Justin, Breathe!! BREATHE… don’t you die on me!!!”

    ReplyDelete
  39. I move to a spot were I can drop down next to the watchman. (parachute skill 91) I will strike him on the way down using my body weight. Then turn toward his friend.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Slik looks over at Diesel, thanks him for saving their butts on the contacts, and hands him the remainder of his chain.
    "It's not really much of anything, really... just a regular steel chain I bought at Lowe's Hardware awhile back... about 2 1/2 feet in length."

    ReplyDelete
  41. Diesel replies, "That's OK, I just want to get the feel of the weight right. Now let's get out of here. Slik, is there a basement?"

    ReplyDelete
  42. GM Replies to Stalker

    You leap into the air, falling rapidly onto the unsuspecting thug, knocking him to the ground as you strike. His partner in crime, stunned by your sudden appearance, freezes in his tracts. You've got the initiative, and one two actions.

    ReplyDelete
  43. GM Replies to Thunderbolt

    You feel Justin slipping away from you, and as you do the guy with the camera phone say "Dude, this is so going on You Tube!"

    At approximately the same time, a marked ECPD car, screeches to a halt, a few feet from you, and two uniformed officers hop out. One immediately calls for assistance on his radio. "Central, dis is Two Tree. I need a bus at my location." The other, tries to get the crowd back "All of you, get back, get back! You with that freaking camera, put that it up NOW!" "He then asks you, Hey you, what the hell's going on?"

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  44. GM replies to Slik & Diesel

    One of the uniformed officers, helps the two of you slide out the back door, away from all of the fanfare, at the main entrance, allowing you to slip quietly into the night.

    It's the first time in hours when the two of you haven't been going full tilt, and can finally relax a bit, and let your guards down. You're both exhausted, as the events of the day have taken a tool on you. You both allow yourselves a few minutes to think back over the events of the day, and what they could mean to you. As you stand contemplating your future actions, you realize how little the two of you actually know about each other, and that this is the first chance you've rally had to formally introduce yourselves.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  45. Shawn looks up at the police cop recognizes him vaguely from his dad’s time on the force. His look is haunted and desperate, “Officer …Williams? It’s me Shawn… Shawn Wests… Justin here - I think he is ODing on Boost… he’s not breathing. I can’t tell if his heart is beating… please… save him!”

    Shawn gets out of the way to let the trained Officer’s deal with the dying boy… the boy his mind screams at him he’s just killed!

    Shawn throws an angry glance at the camera wielder and his eyes glare for a moment – he considers shifting the electrical fields around him for a moment… but then the image of the dead boy fills his conscience and Shawn hangs his head in shame and sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  46. {OOC: If the officer does not seems to know what to do... Shawn camera or no...will make one more attempt, so keep that in mind. Shawn/Thunderbolt does not just 'give-up', he will try one last desperate option.)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Since I have the drop on his partner, I will make use of the new shurikens.See if I have been practicing enough. I pull two and throw

    ReplyDelete
  48. GM Replies to Thunderbolt

    As the first officer begins to question you, as to what's happened, the second rushes to the rear of their patrol car, pops the trunk, and grabs an AED (Automated external defibrillator), and begins to set it up.

    "$%!*, the batteries are dead! I ain't gonna work without power!"

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  49. GM Replies to Stalker

    You let loose with two of your throwing stars, striking with one of them. When you do, your target lets out a yell, and tries to make a run for it. His partner, your doormat, begins to stir, as he lets out a low moan, trying to shake off the effects of you landing on him.

    You've got the initiative and two actions.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Shawn sees the officer begin to set up the defibrillator and almost smiles. {OH THANK GOD!!!}

    Crouching beside the officer he says, “…Are you sure its dead? Maybe its just being stubborn…”, and he punctuates his statement by slapping the housing loudly but not actually hard… just the briefest touch of his hand on a metal surface and he charges the device fully.

    There is a static spark to his touch and a slight pop with the smell of ozone in the night air… but nothing else visible.

    Shawn feigns a relieved {not so much acting on the relief} and surprised look, “…See… you just need to finesse it more… now help Justin!”

    His thoughts a swirl of emotion, {Thank god they had one of these things! My carelessly throwing lighting around caused this in the first place… should have stuck with bludgeoning him down…safer in the long run. Well…live and learn…please god…don’t make Justin pay the price of my …stupidity!!! My control is for crap in such delicate work as defibing a heart, never tried it before… I’m glad I did not have to make the attempt... I'd likely kill him outright!!! Guess that’s a trick, a stunt I need to work on mastering. Come on kid… live!!}

    Action -
    {Action} Electrical Control: Control Device ‘Power-up’ = 4PR, Save vs Int [14] / Save Vs Agl {to avoid mishap} [16], Range 32”

    ReplyDelete
  51. Sensing my landing pad my be trying to become mobile, I give him a cursory heel to his chin.(Just in passing) I then make a run after his escaping friend. I activate the night lenses in the helmet as I go to help me find him as he runs. (With the night vision on the helmet gives out very little light)

    ReplyDelete
  52. GM Replies to Thunderbolt

    The police officer, now with a puzzled look on his face, as he was sure he checked everything, hooks up the AED, and waits. A feminine voice speaks, "Shock required." "Charging", and a small electric charge is delivered to Justin's chest. He jumps, slightly, and lets out a gasp, as the electricity jump starts his non-beating heart.

    As he begins to come around, you hear the sound of an ambulance in the distance. Officer Williams looks at you, and asks - "Shawn, what the happened? Who is this kid, and what's going on?"

    ReplyDelete
  53. GM Replies to Stalker

    You land a solid blow to assailant number 1's chin, sending him back into the ground, as he clenches his jaw, writhing in pain. His now terrified partner, is steadily beating feet, trying to put as much distance as he can between the two of you.

    With you night vision, you can clearly see him looking back over his shoulder, to see if you're still following him.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  54. I take off after the runner hoping to close the distance as fast as I can

    ReplyDelete
  55. Shawn sighs in relief as Justin begins breathing.

    At first he ignores the Officer’s question taking Justin’s hand gently and squeezing it warmly, “Thank god… you’ll be ok Justin…”, then leaning in closely to whisper to him brushing his hair from his face, “Forgive me… I’m sorry, never wanted you to get hurt… get well… ok?”

    His conscious relieved his sharp mind comes back into focus, Quickly he makes note of the settings the Defibrilator is set to plus its make and model type, still controlling electronic devices in his surrounding Shawn adds a note to his text-phone recording the info of the Medical Device… for later internet search and future power practice, {I’ve finally found a potential way to use my powers to heal …rather than hurt!!! I’ll find a way to make it work…}

    Then he turns to officer Williams his mind moving at light speed already, “Uhmm.. uh yeah right … my sister was yelling about something from her upstairs room … I went to go find out what she was going on about and she was at the window saying some one was trashing the cars outside. I went and looked and saw Justin …he’s in one of the students at Master Choy’s Intermediate Tae Kwon Do school – I recognized him. Well he was trashing cars like he was ‘He-Man’ or something … I figured he was hopped up on the new street drug ‘boost’ so I ran out and told dad to call the Hospital and Cops before he hurt someone. I knew him so I was going to try to calm him down…well when I got out the front door he was already passed out and convulsing so I tried to help. I realized he wasn’t breathing and couldn’t find a heartbeat. So I tried some Mouth to Mouth and CPR - I’m sure glad you got here in time!”

    Action -
    {Action} Electrical Control: Control Device ‘Save Data to Text Phone’ = 4PR, Save vs Int [14] / Save Vs Agl {to avoid mishap} [16], Range 32”

    [OOC: @ Stalker – Hey fella…try those new throwing stars on the runner ‘aiming for the legs’… The Dark Knight would! Lol! :)]

    ReplyDelete
  56. GM Replies to Stalker

    You take off at a dead sprint, rapidly gaining ground on your prey. As you draw nearer, you can hear him breathing heavily, as he attempts to out run you, and failing miserably at doing so. Within seconds you on him. You've got the initiative, and two actions.

    ReplyDelete
  57. GM Replies to Thunderbolt

    Officer Williams listens intently to your story, and scribbles down a few notes. As he does so, an ambulance arrives on the scene, and two EMTs hop out, and ask for the officers what the their dealing with. After a few minutes, and a call to dispatch, they're ready to depart. As they load Justin into the back of their vehicle, one of them comments, "Damned Boosters, this is the third OD in three days. I haven't seen anything like this since crack hit in the 80's." They then tear off for the local emergency trauma center.

    As soon as they depart, Officer Williams asks you for a contact number, as he may need to get an additional statement from you. While he's talking, you hear the idiot with the cell phone camera blabbering away to someone. "Yo dude, you are not going to believe this &*$&%, I got live video of a Booster going ape #$*R on a car, it's so going on Youtube!"

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  58. GM Replies for Slik and Diesel

    Meanwhile, on the other side of town, dawn is beginning to break for our two weary heroes, Diesel and Slik Slander. It's been a VERY busy night for the both of them, and all they want to do is lay down for a few hours of rest, before they begin a new day. As they make their way home, they are stunned by the news that Nemesis, has managed to escape police custody.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Shawn grimaces, inwardly, at the fool with the cell phone, {How careless and unthinking some people are about the misfortunes of others! That fool has not even considered the harm it might do to the young man’s name or reputation. Nor has he considered the vermin who will try to exploit the young man in the video… … Nope I’m not gonna’ let that happen!}

    Shawn thanks Officer Williams for his efforts to save Justin – asking him to visit his father sometimes… he would appreciate it and shakeing his hand firmly turns to walk into his house. When the Officer’s back is turned Shawn will glance the phone-jockey’s way and unleash an invisible focused magnetic pulse his direction wiping the memory of the phone completely. Satisfied, Shawn returns to his house to seeking his family to make sure his dad and sister are ok.

    Action -
    {Action} Electrical Control: Control Device ‘Erase all Data on Cell-Phone’ = 4PR, Save vs Int [14] / Save Vs Agl {to avoid mishap} [16], Range 32”

    ReplyDelete
  60. "Aw, crap! Can't they hold onto a guy for ten minutes?" Did diesel hear where it was that he escaped to, or just that he escaped.

    OOC: I assume Slik went home as well. I thought I had posted that we could go back to the shop and I could find/fashion a replacement for his chain, but it looks like I never did.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Shawn returns to his family finding his Sister & Dad and informs them of the situation and what happened outside…again keeping his superpowers out of it… though he knows his sister is aware of his powers. He keeps his father in the dark so he does not worry.

    Once satisfied he will coral his sister into her room again, “…This, conversation is not over Sarah. I’m concerned about you… and we really do need to talk about it. Ok? So …rain check on it for now… I gotta get to work!”

    He gives her a warm, fiercely affectionate but brotherly hug and without more words leaves.

    Waving good-by to ‘pops’ he sees the news report, ‘The street vigilante killer Nemesis has just escaped after being apprehended late last evening by two costumed heroes and the BSI task force…’, he grimaces, inwardly, {Damn…can’t our boys in blue keep these lunatics off the streets…even for a Day? Wait… that sounds like an inside job! Damn, too many corrupt cops these days… who do you trust?}

    “Hey ‘pops’ I’m off to work… crap I’m late!”

    Shawn goes outside to the garage for his ‘steed’ and soon is tearing down the streets on his Hayabusa Street rocket his thoughts in turmoil, {That Nemesis fella is going to go to ground and let the heat blow over if he’s not caught… quick…and he’ll be back on the street killing people but this time he’ll be ready for any supers… can I just let it go? Grrrr… … NO}

    ReplyDelete
  62. Changing his course Shawn heads for one of his storage dumpsters to stash his bike. Pulling into the magnetically opened dumpster he pulls his cell-phone and calls in, “Hey Tony, a dear friend of mine is in the Hospice… he’s ODing on something I’m keeping him company. I …don’t know if he’ll make it… pray for me. I’ll be in this afternoon…”

    Shawn frowns, {I HATE lies… but sometimes lies are necessary… better to miss some work, and annoy my Boss some than to let some killer run the streets!}

    Shifting the magnetic fields around him he dresses in his metal mesh armored costume, Katana, .50cal Desert Eagle, shurikens/throwing shivs all in place. He sets his iPod radio in his ear under his mask and electrically shifts it to the Police channels to see if they have any leads… and what station Nemesis escaped from.

    Then Thunderbolt takes flight locking the dumpster magnetically behind him his white metal mesh cloak fluttering behind him and a trial of electric St. Elmo’s fire briefly marking his passing. Thunderbolt seeks the escaped murderer lighting crackling in his white hair and the magnetic fields of the planet bending to his will streaking him across the skies of the brightening dawn-scape of Empire City…

    ReplyDelete
  63. As I gain on him I leap,trying to 'bulldog'him. My momentum and weight added to his should bring him down and make him a bit more "co-operative"

    ReplyDelete
  64. Slik, who had started home after a brief introduction to Diesel, shakes his head...
    "Oh no! I've got to do something," he thinks, "but I'm already beaten up good from the night before... rest or recon? I won't be good for recon without rest...." Slik looks up, sees the approach of dawn, and realizes that combing about in full costume during the day might not be as good of an idea, especially fatigued. Groaning, he heads home for at least 6 hours of rest and to call in sick to work.

    ReplyDelete
  65. GM Replies to Thunderbolt

    Your electrical slight of hand goes unnoticed by anyone, and the "bad samaritan" is definitely none the wiser to your actions.

    ReplyDelete
  66. GM Replies to Diesel

    According to the news report, he managed to pick the locks on his restraints, and over powered the officers as they were moving him from the transport vehicle to lock-up. Luckily, they received only minor injuries. ECPD is asking that anyone with information call their tip line. 1-877-LOCK-M-UP.

    ReplyDelete
  67. GM Replies to T-Bolt

    Not much chatter on Nemesis' escape, but you do manage to pick up some of the secure traffic from the narcotics squad. They're monitoring a a couple of low level street dealers, who're reportedly waiting on a shipment of Boost.

    They don't want to bust them now, as they're small fry. They want to see who makes the delivery, and track them back to their supplier.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  68. GM Replies to Stalker

    You leap toward him, striking him squarely in back, to take him down (Special Attack), and succeed. He yells out, "Get the $*$& off a me, you *$&%(# wacko!, I ain't done nothin!" As he struggles to free himself.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  69. GM Replies to Slik

    You drag yourself home, with a still tinder gunshot wound, and inform your supervisor, you'll be calling out sick for the day. He asks "What's wrong, you pick up a bug or something? He also informs you that ECPD would really like to have him back at some point, as he did a decent job of calming down a witness.

    Response?

    ReplyDelete
  70. Thunderbolt grimaces, {Well… darn. Might as well do a little foot work…maybe the cops missed something… or worse if he was ‘let go’…}

    Thunderbolt flies to the police station that Nemesis escaped from hugging the nearby building tops using the rooftops as cover from eyes below.

    {Using: Stealth skill – 85%}

    Looking down from the building tops, Thunderbolt accesses the cover, escape routes, and vehicles in the area, {If I were unarmed… and perhaps recently escaped what route would I take?}. Thunderbolt looks for manhole covers and dumpsters that might conceal someone trying to make an escape. He will rapidly fly over the alleys in a two block area around the station using his Radar Sense to detect any movement, checking any manhole covers to see if they have been recently disturbed.

    {Using: Knowledge Criminology – 79%, Area Knowledge: Empire City - 79%, Streewise – 79%, Investigation – 79%;
    Thunderbolt’s Perception: 70%}

    Thunderbolt will canvas the area quickly looking for a lead but if he finds none will then follow the lead the police have on the Boost Drop stakeout. He will fly to the area but conceal himself in a perch above and watch what happens…he will be prepared to assist the cops but will not disrupt their own sting/stakeout op. He will simply watch and observe if things go alright in the stakeout he’ll leave, he can always hack the police computers with a little electrical legerdemain to find out later what they learned.

    ReplyDelete
  71. As I sit on his back I pull back his hands and attempt to zip cuff him. If I succeed then I will stand up and he and I will 'chat'

    ReplyDelete
  72. GM Replies to T-Bolt

    The area around the detention center is blocked off. There are several police cars surrounding the area, as well as uniformed, and plain clothes officers milling about. But other than that, there isn't much going on.

    After a bit, you decide it's a dry hole and head back to the area where you overheard the conversation about the Boost drop.

    After what seems like an eternity, you spot an unmarked panel truck as it pulls up outside the building the two suspects are in. The chatter on the police radios picks up immediately "OK guys, this looks like the drop, everyone maintain their position. I don't want to spook these guys."

    A youthful looking Asain male gets out, goes to the back of the truck, and grabs a large box from the rear. The police band crackles "Unit two, can you get a clear picture of his face? I want intel to run some visual recognition software to see if we can get a match."

    He enters the building, and a second later, within a few seconds. "Unit three, keep a close watch on the door, Two you getting anything from the mic?"

    It's readily apparent to you that they've got a bug in the building, and are recording what's going on.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  73. GM Replies to Stalker

    You restrain the wood-be rapist with a flexcuff, and roll him over as he struggles to free himself. Just as you begin to question him, you hear his partner in crime yell out. "OK #*$*% $%^*$%, now I'm going &$(& 708 up!" He then injects injects himself with a small syringe. It almost instantaneously has an affect. His eyes become wider, his breathing heavy, and he beings to sweat heavily, before he charges at you!

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  74. Thunderbolt waits, {…all part of the …game.}, holding position

    {Using: Stealth skill – 85%}

    Thunderbolt hears across the radio that indeed the police have a bug inside… but without clear knowledge of where it is… it is beyond his power to directly control it and listen in. Randomly pulling on ambient electrical currents in his vicinity is a good way to fry the bug and make it useless to everyone rather than eavesdrop in on what its picking up.

    Thinking, {Note to self… I really need some better electronic gear on my person… if I’m going to be doing this super-sleuth with electronics. Make that my next expenditure… Police Radio, Digital Camera, a real PDA…blackberry or iPhone at least… YEAH Right, Shawn! Whose lottery are you counting on wining? Well at least drug dealers are good for large amounts of cash… hate doing that but the police are only gonna bag it and put it in an evidence locker in the station… Who am I kidding…? I’d be no better than the crooks! ‘Sigh’, sometimes being the ‘Good-Guy’ really sucks…}

    On the arrival of the ‘drop’ Thunderbolt moves to a more advantageous position above on the roof tops to cover a rear avenue of escape but still keep the Van in view. Just for safety sake with a simple gesture and a shifting of magnetic fields… he unhooks the spark-plug wires under the truck hood being familiar with their location in this make and model of vehicle, only to incapacitate it without damage in the case of the perp hoping for a quick get away. Being a mechanic has its uses…

    {Using: Mechanic skill – 79%, to remember location of plugs on this make & model of truck and target them when out of line of sight}

    Thunderbolt lets the Police run this show content to just watch, letting the pros do their sting op they have set up. He is watching incase there is some sort of surprise… like there usually is.

    Actions –
    [Action 1] Manipulate Metallic Objects- PR4, Metal wires in spark-plugs cables, Total WT: ounces - negligible
    Magnetic Capacity: 799lbs remaining available

    Move to Better coverage position in support of police perimeter

    [Action 2] Holding

    ReplyDelete
  75. Seeing this is something new. I activate the helmet's radio transmitter and let Craig know what I am seeing. I brace myself. (Hold action for possible dodge)

    ReplyDelete
  76. GM Replies to T-Bolt

    It takes a few seconds, but you eventually find a spot with a good view of the apartment building. After a few minutes, the police band crackles "OK everybody, on your toes, our guys leaving. I want him followed, but at a distance."

    A few seconds later, the "delivery man" exits the building, enters his truck, and tries to start it. Much to his surprise, it wont turn over. He exits the truck with a puzzled look on his face, and lifts the hood, trying to figure out whats wrong. He looks, and mutters something, that you can't understand. He then closes the hood and begins to rapidly walk away, while frantically dialing on his cell phone. The police band goes crazy.

    "What the $(* ? Where's he going, and who's he talking to on the phone? Anyone got a visual on what just happened?"

    "Boss, I got a lot of noise on the mic, sound like their trying to get out of the apartment."

    Within a few seconds, two young (early 20's) scruffy looking men (both have a couple of days worth of razor stubble), exit the apartment, and begin to walk in the opposite direction of the "delivery man".

    The police band is going wild "All units, all units, I think we've been made. With the exception of unit three, I want everyone to back off, but keep them in sight. Everyone else meet me back at the office until we can figure this $%*^ out."

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  77. GM Replies to Stalker

    Your wild eyed attacker charges straight at you, foaming at the mouth, and swinging wildly,. You can immediately tell he's on some sort of drug, but you don't know what. As he swings, you sidestep the blow allowing it to pass you by. You've got the intuitive and one more action.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Lorenzo rubs his forehead in frustration.
    "OK, here we go." He apologizes to his father again that he'll be out for a bit (knowing how much he worries,) gets into his van with the Diesel armor, and drives a few miles away to a pay phone. He calls the number and says, "I need to speak to Detective Jones. This is... Diesel."

    ReplyDelete
  79. GM Replies to Diesel

    The receptionist responds. "I'm not quite sure who you are sir. Is there something I can do for you, as Det. Jones is busy at the moment."

    ReplyDelete
  80. Thunderbolt frowns, {…well that was unexpected… grrr…}

    Shawn ponders, {hmmm…which one to follow… Dad always told me in an investigation...‘always follow the money... whoever is in charge will Never be far from it!' Problem is... I’m not sure whose got it though...}

    Taking a gamble, Thunderbolt takes flight following the fleeing two scruffy-looking young men. Again he is using the roof tops as cover hugging their surface mostly running with the occasional flying leap to the next building following discretely...

    {Using: Stealth skill – 79%}

    Thinking, {Hope this pays off… never meant to ruin the cops op… ‘sigh’ live and learn…}

    { Thunderbolt’s Perception: 70%}

    Actions –
    [Action 1] Stealthily following

    Move Flight, Keeping ‘Headar’ {Radar Sense} observant

    [Action 2] Holding

    ReplyDelete
  81. "Yes, you can leave a note for Det. Jones that he can get in touch with Diesel if he needs my help. He has my information."
    Lorenzo hangs up, shaking his head, "Bureaucracy" he mumbles to himself.
    "Now, if I were a super-powered assassin, where would I go? I'd go to get paid of course. I wonder if I can look up where Frank Leonetti lives."
    Diesel will start doing some searching and aslo thinking about the things he knows about the town to try to jog his memory.
    "I wonder if Slik heard this too, it's always nice to have a strong ally on your side."

    ReplyDelete
  82. GM Replies to T-bolt

    The two drug dealers are making their way out of the area, as rapidly as possible, trying to quickly put as much distance between them an their apartment as they can. They're not running, but they're definitely moving with a purpose.

    You continue to follow them, and they board a Empire City Transit (ECT) bus. Taking flight, but remaining low as not to attract to much attention. You follow them for what seems like eternity. After several hours of riding around, the sun begins to set, and they finally depart the bus, and begin walking in an area familiar to you.

    The area is known "club district" with a variety of upscale dance clubs populated by EC's collage crowd. It's also known as an area to pick up designer drugs.

    After a few minutes of walking the pair stop, and pop into store. From your vantage point its hard to see what they're doing, but they come out with what appears to be spanking new disposable cell phone, and a couple of calling cards. Almost as soon as they clear the door, they open it, and make a call.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  83. GM Replies to Diesel

    The receptionist takes your information, and tells you she'll have the detective call you back. As you sit in the van, something Nemesis said jogs your memory. you recall him mentioning the Jade Dragons. While you've never heard of them them, you remember the name did get a bit of a response out of Det. Jones. You decide to check up on them, and their connection to the Leonetti's.

    After a little digging around on the net, you manage to find out that the Jade Dragons are a Chinese organized crime group, that's recently begun to move into EC. They're primarily involved in human trafficking, narcotics, and protection scams. They've been bumping heads with the Leonetti's over territory. Rumor also has it that they're the ones who introduced Boost.

    You also find an address for Frank Leonetti, but the one listed is actually a warehouse near the docks.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  84. Thunderbolt smiles watching the two suspects pull out their cell phones confident they are secure.
    But not from him!

    Stretching out his will Shawn pulls his own throw-away text-phone, then considering …pulls out his own actual phone {just in case the suspects are call two different people} and controlling the electrical fields … links his two phones one to each of theirs to read the numbers they are dialing along with their cell phone numbers. Controlling the electrical fields of the machines with his mind Shawn takes a picture with his throw away text phone of one suspect…and saves the number he calls and his phone number under his picture stored in the phone, and does the same thing with the other suspect with his personal cell phone, briefly before electrically transfering the data to his throw away phone – manipulating data flowing between the four electronic devices. He also listens in from each of his cell phones to both of the suspects conversations careful to electrically turn off his phones microphone’s so as to not cause distortion in their conversations.

    The only hint of his actions being a lot of static on the line that slowly decreases as Thunderbolt becomes familiar with the ‘feel’ of the two new cell phones he is influencing.

    Actions –
    [Action 1] Electric {Lightning} Control - Control Electronic Devices = PR=4/attempt, 1action/Move ‘hit roll’, Ra 28”,
    Save Vs Int {on d20}, Save Vs Agl {on d20} to avoid mishap - Check needed for the two perps phones {Thunderbolt should be familiar enough with his personal phones not to need to roll}

    Spend : 12PR {4 per phone},

    [Action 2] Holding

    ReplyDelete
  85. GM Replies to T-Bolt

    It takes you a few seconds, but you manage to successfully eavesdrop on their phone conversation.

    "What the #$%& do you mean, you left the package?"

    "It ain't our fault, yo. Five-0 made us, so we had to get out."

    "Get your @#$#W over here now!"

    And with that, the conversation is over. Dirt Bag #1, slides the phone into his pocket, and off they go headed toward their destination. Within minutes they arrive at Club Ecstasy.

    You've heard of the place, as it's the club your sister mentioned to you earlier today. As it's still early the line out front really isn't that long. You give it the once over, and don't see anything out of the ordinary. As for your two friends, instead of using the front door, head into the alley, and knock on the rear door. A few seconds later, a burly looking black guy, wearing a "Security" T-shirt opens the door and lets them in.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  86. Tossing and turning, Slik tries to sleep it off... but knowing that the gunman is out and amok prevents any rest...
    "Aww screw it!" Slik says, getting up, I can just sleep tonight.
    5 minutes of cold shower and a nice concealing outfit to hide Slik's costume later, Slik grabs his mask and carefully tucks it into the inner zippered pocket of a beat up old jacket and starts to head out the door.
    "Might as well do some exploring," Slik thinks to himself, "and keep to the back alleys... in case I have to ditch the outer wear and start climbing up sides of buildings...."

    ReplyDelete
  87. He's obviously on something,but what? As I sidestep his swing, I aim a kick at his knee to take him down. I'll have to leave him somewhat aware if I want to question him.

    ReplyDelete
  88. Shawn narrows his eyes in concentration, {…think fast several ways to play this out… Fine. Let’s be…subtle… and throw our boys in blue a bone…}.

    Reaching out his Electric Control Shawn seizes control of the cell phone on the suspect who called his boss… just before they enter the building. He shifts its function turning it on but not ringing it…using the suspect’s cell phone …not only as a tracer but also as a bug. Pulling out his personal cell phone he routes the suspects ‘call’ to his own phone – leaving a number of ‘Unknown’ on the suspect’s phone as to who this ‘call’ was routed to. Shawn sets up his cell phone on the roof next to his Micro-recorder so… he can actually record the conversations going on when the suspects speaks to their Boss.

    Then Shawn pulls out his throw away text phone and calls the ECPD Crime Tips hotline, and electronically distorts his voice just for added security.

    “This is Thunderbolt. The suspects who fled the ‘Rook Dale Apartments’ this evening at 9:32, bought new cell phones. Their new numbers are ###-#### and ###-####. At 10:14 they called this number ###-#### and went to Club Ecstasy where they are right now meeting with their boss. They left the ‘package’ at the apartment…” ‘click’

    {Hope that helps some.}

    Then Shawn shifts phones - switching electrically the phone signal from his personal phone to his throw away phone not wanting to miss any of the conversations, {Note to self… need two throw away phones… too risky using my personal phone even if I cover my tracks electronically… only need one mistake… why take the risk?}

    Accessing the maps function on his text phone… he determines the location of the suspect’s phone. Though it will not locate him in the building - just not that accurate but If he leaves by another route… Thunderbolt will know.

    Shawn sits tight and listens to the criminal’s conversation…recording…

    Keeping his radar sense pinging around him in case he has…unexpected guests…

    Actions –
    [Action 1] Electric {Lightning} Control - Control Electronic Devices = PR=4/attempt, 1action/Move ‘hit roll’, Ra 28”,
    Save Vs Int {on d20}, Save Vs Agl {on d20} to avoid mishap - Check needed for the Suspect’s phone {Thunderbolt should be familiar enough with his personal phones not to need to roll}

    Spend : 12PR {4 per phone}

    OPPS: Made a mistake last post… that would have been 16 PR 4 per phone… 4 phones… Sorry!

    [Action 2] Holding

    ReplyDelete
  89. GM Replies to Slik

    You spend the day exploring the city, and getting to know the lay of the land. Things are pretty uneventful, and before you know it, the sun's beginning to set. So you decide to wind it down a bit before heading home.

    You hop an ECT bus, and it drops you over in the club district. After spending an hour, or so, looking around, you stop by a food truck, and grab a bite to eat. As you're waiting for your food, you spot a flier for Club Ecstasy, and ask the guys in the truck what they know about it. They tell you it's been open for about a year. The place is supposed the new EC hot spot. You figure, you might as well have a look, as there are a couple of clubs you've been meaning to check out, but just haven't had the time. You thank them, and start heading in the direction of the club.

    When you arrive, there’s a line, and while you really don’t feel like waiting, you figure you’re already here, you might as well take a look inside. Within ten minutes you’re in the door. There’s a huge crowd on the dance floor, and house music is blaring from the speakers. It’s pretty mixed crowd of people, and everyone seems to be having a good time, but some of them are taking it a bit too far. You spot some obviously intoxicated people, including one girl who’s stumbling for a door marked “exit only”, and out the door she goes.

    You spend the next few minutes looking around, and notice the time. Knowing that you’ve got work in the morning, you decide to swing back by on the weekend. You make your way through the crowd to one of the exits, and into the parking lot, as you’re leaving the door, you hear a man yelling, and then see him running across the parking lot toward a man in a dark costume with a mask on.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  90. GM Replies to Stalker

    You land what you thought was a very solid kick on your attacker, and instead of dropping him, dropping him, all it seems to do is make him mad.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  91. GM Replies to T-Bolt

    You tune into into the conversation after it's already begun, but immediately recognize one of the voices as the one you heard on the cell phone earlier.

    "I told you, it wasn't my fault, yo. My boy Chen shows up, we do the damn thing, he's out, and the next thing I know he's texting me that Five-O is on us. We flush the $&*%, and get the &$(& out."

    "You did what? You expect me to believe you just flushed $100, 000 worth of product? Do you think I'm $@*&^% stupid? You two *%^^ "

    And then the conversation begins to fade out, as you're getting a weak signal. You'll need to get closer to hear what they're saying.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  92. Shawn grimaces, {… I hope I got the first part of the conversation recorded as I was tipping off EC’s ”finest”. But now… their out of range… Hmmmm… if they’re ‘supposedly’ in their Boss’ office…why would they be moving further away?}

    Shawn checks his cell phone map function to see if it registers the subjects moving… inconclusively… it’s not really supposed to be used this way not very accurate at all.

    He considers, {They could be in an elevator…or its possible they have moved into a bug-shielded area, no way I’m gonna know here outside… “Sigh” Time to change tactics… guess its kick in the door and beat some heads until I get some answers… }

    “Ah well… I prefer a straight up fight to all this sneaking around anyways…”

    Thunderbolt takes flight toward the back ally door he saw the two suspects enter through. Reaching out his Electric Control Thunderbolt shuts down the security cameras in the alley and lands. He walks toward the metal security door letting his radar sense ping around the alley. With a gesture at the door he magnetically pulls on the speed-bar on the other side of the door - he noticed when the security man let the suspects in originally; opening the door as he approaches. There is a slight crackle of electricity in his flowing white hair as he electrifies his body in preparation of combat…

    Actions –
    [Action 1] Electric {Lightning} Control - Control Electronic Devices = PR=4/attempt, 1action/Move ‘hit roll’, Ra 28”,
    Save Vs Int {on d20}, Save Vs Agl {on d20} to avoid mishap - Shut down camaras
    Spend : 4PR

    [Action 2] Electric {Lightning} Control – Electrify Body

    [Move] Flight to Alley…just inside alley out of sight of street

    [Action 1 Technically… next turn] Magnetic Control – Open Security Door

    [OOC: I know this is not the wisest course of action for Thunderbolt... but he's young and a little impulsive, plus its more his style to beat the bad-guys up and say 'Talk! Or I'll GLADLY Break your JAW!!!']

    ReplyDelete
  93. Great, I think I made him blink. OK looks like this guy is going to be tougher than I thought. Guess I will have to be more direct. I turn on the helmet's 'fear factor' as I move in. I will try to stay as close to arm length as I can. See what reaction I get before deciding my next move. Must be some stuff for him not to go down with only one good knee.

    ReplyDelete
  94. Diesel will drive to a location a few blocks away, suit up, and try to find an under/waterworks path to get close to the warehouse. "I'm not going to face that Leonetti character again without my armor."

    ReplyDelete
  95. GM Replies to T-Bolt

    GM Note: From what you're able to deduce, your prey is still within the confines of the club, but something is probably blocking the cellphone's signal.

    As you open the door, the sound of dance music fills the air, you don't see anyone in your immediate vicinity, as you enter what appears to be entrance to a store room. The room is has several boxes of cleaning supplies, toilet paper, and other boxes of mundane materials laying about.

    You stop for a moment, and try to pick up the cell phone conversation, and while you can hear voices, what they're saying still isn't clear. There's an door leading into the main part of the club directly in front of you.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  96. GM Replies to Stalker

    You kick on your helmet, hoping that it'll get a more favorable response than your initial strike, and much to your surprise, it's not working as intended, it only seems to enrage him more. But, instead of attacking you, he stops in his tracks, and begins screaming while swinging away wildly at the air.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  97. GM Replies to Diesel

    After a bit of driving, you find what appears to be a good spot to stop. It's secluded enough that you shouldn't be seen, but allows you access to the sewers. You figure at the most, you're only a couple of blocks from Leonetti's warehouse.

    After donning your armor, you enter a large street access hole, and slowly make your way through the darkened drainage system. Within a few minutes, you're under what should be the warehouse, but it's hard to get into a position that will allow you enter the building without making noise. You spend a minute observing the drainage grate, and it doesn't appear as though anyone is around.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  98. Thunderbolt grins under his full face mask… {Well, looks like I’m going to a party… joy.}

    Thunderbolt stretches out his Radar senses feeling for the specific pulse of the open cell phone connection of the device he is controlling getting a fix on its direction. Stepping in he closes the door behind him quietly.

    {Well now’s the time… if you want to play the man you have to be the man…}

    Shawn, sets his shoulders, loosening his muscles for action. He erects a magnetic field around him to prepare for deflecting incoming bullets shot at him and pulls back his electricfied body powers to encompass only his left fist. His hand begins arcing electric sparks like static that flash gently at his side. His magnetic field up he detaches two of his solid iron discus and hovers them under his cloak ready to act as well as one of his duster pocketed Kyogetsu-Shoge ready to snake forth from his pocket ready to strike or manipulate as needed.

    Then grinning under his mask, {Lets dance!}

    Thunderbolt opens the door to the club following his radar sense to the cell phone. He walks with purpose and determination acting for all intents like he belongs there and knows where he’s going. He does not run but walks briskly with obvious intent. His Katana sheathed at his back his metal mesh cloak stirring to an unfelt magnetic ‘breeze’ at his back.

    Thunderbolt is quite a sight – 6’ ft tall, muscular, shock white long flowing hair overflowing his black full face open at the top mask with its white ‘spidy’ accentuated eyes around his own blazing electric blue eyes, his maroon, black and white costume of metal mesh stylized like tactical swat gear, the metal shoulder guards, gorget, vambraces, shin guards over his black boots and finally the white lightning bolt emblazoned upon the chest of his black metal mesh shirt; all sliding metallically together not quite heard over the music. His gaze determined, intense… fierce! Some have heard of him, but all can tell whoever he is… he MEANS Business!

    As he moves with purpose Thunderbolt allows his magnetic field to brush across people he is near and his Radar sense to warn him not only of those approaching him but of metallic guns in his vicinity.

    Actions –
    [Action 1] Magnetic Control – Manipulate metallic objects = Capacity 797lbs [2x Iron Discus {2lbs}, Kyogetsu-Shoge {1lbs}], Defense = 1action, PR=1/+1 per attack repulsed

    [Action 2] Holding for defense/reaction as needed

    [Move] Walking but still maintaining flight power as needed.

    ReplyDelete
  99. Well no telling what my friend is seeing in his panic state, but I'm not getting any answers from him right now. But I can't leave him screaming and swinging like a wild man here either. So I will move in as best I can and try to get a kick or punch to the knees. If he can't stand up he can't fight or run to far

    ReplyDelete
  100. Diesel carefully and as quietly as possible pulls the drainage gate open.

    "just slip in quietly, see what's going on, hope that blasted gunman is here and unawares, so I can clock him and take him back to the police station. Yeah, I'm sure that's going to happen." Diesel mutters to himself under his breath.

    ReplyDelete
  101. Noting the man in the parking lot, I'll duck under a parked (unattended) vehicle away from view of others (or crawl in a dumpster if I have to) and put on my mask and such...

    ReplyDelete
  102. GM Replies to T-Bolt

    Your electrical powers allow you to gain a "fix" on the location of the phone, you've been eavesdropping on, and you head in that direction.

    Music thumps from the club's sound system,(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-47AmSJcvA) as you enter the dance floor, strutting through the crowd full of confidence, your defensive "bubble" brushing aside anyone in your path, and drawing the attention of of several of the club's security personnel in the process.

    As you head toward what looks like some time of exit door, half a dozen men dressed in black pants and black T-shirts, with the words "Security" written in large white letters begin to head in the same direction, and try to intercept you.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  103. GM Replies to Stalker

    As you assailant swings wildly at some unseen attacker, you move in close to strike at his knee (special attack), taking his right leg out from under him, and sending him tumbling, face first into the pavement. "Umphhh.."

    The blow stuns him, and while you can clearly see that he's hurting, he's trying to shake off the effects, and get to his feet.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  104. GM replies to Diesel

    You manage to remove the drain cover, without much noise, but getting your armor though the hole is more difficult than it looks. It takes you close to a minute to work your way out, without making to much noise. Once you're clear of the hole, you replace the cover, give the place a quick look over, and it doesn't appear as though anyone's spotted you.

    As you begin to search for any signs of Nemesis, you hear the sound of voices coming from the other side of several large crates. As you move in closer, you can begin to make out what they're saying. They're having a conversation about the events of the past two nights.

    "Do you freaking believe dis $%&^ ? What's dis world comin to when a man can't sit down and have dinner wit his family, wit out somebody poppin him? No &*&^)$ respect."

    A second voice chimes in. - "So what do you think the boss is gonna do about it? "

    Voice #1 - "I dunno, but I hear he's brought in a hitter, somebody who deals wit dis kinda %^*& on da regular."

    Voice #2 - "What the hell's he doing that for, we can handle anything them chinks throw at us."

    "Voice #1 - "No disrespect, but the last coupla days, they've been handing us out @$$.
    Hey, come on, we gotta get this stuff moved, and packed up before Mr. Leonetti gets here."

    And with that, it sounds as though they're walking off.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  105. GM Replies to Slik

    After scrambling to find a place for a quick costume change, you manage to find a vehicle large enough to accommodate you, and block the view of anyone watching. As you quickly go about donning your mask, you hear the sounds of scuffle taking place a short distance away.

    As soon as you're able to get your costume on, you emerge to see the costumed man, eye's glowing red, standing over the the man you saw running at him a few minutes ago. The man on the ground has several scratches, and bruises, on his face looks to be on the loosing end of this confrontation, as he's trying to get to his feet.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  106. While he is face down I will quickly pull some zip cuffs and kneel on his back applying the cuffs to his wrists. Once I have him tied, I will start searching the ground in the area for the syringe these guys used to get all buff in the first place. I put in a call on the helmet radio to Craig and ask him to do a search for any news on new designer drugs in the news or police blotters

    ReplyDelete
  107. Thunderbolt does not slow but adjusts his direction toward to the two Security guys that are most directly in his path to the door. He does not slow and when he is within about 4 or 5 feet of them …just out of hand reach he crouches slightly and leaps {flight} into the air high above their heads executing a forward flip to land some 10 feet behind them and continues walking not slowing his stride…

    He does not need to turn to look at them his radar sense tells him precisely where they are in relation to him.

    He says over his shoulder at them raising his voice so ALL can hear, “BACK OFF! You guys ain’t got what it takes to stop me… not EVEN close. Mess with me and I’ll put you in the hospital! My ‘business’ is with your Boss, and he doesn’t pay you enough for the Hurt I will put on you if you get in my way!!!”

    To… ‘punctuate’ his point, very unsubtly, Thunderbolt will lift his left fist to just above his left shoulder so the Security guys and everyone else can see his fist. Then he lets his Electric body powers cause his fist to burst into a bright glow of arching lightning, crackling with a none-too-vague menacing display of power.

    He keeps walking toward the door, mindful of his Magnetic field up to deflect the attacks from the rear and around that … may come.

    Actions –
    [Action 1 & 2] Holding for attack, defense/reaction as needed – Thunderbolt does not want to throw the first punch..against normals…at least. These Security men may just be doing their job and perfectly innocent.

    [Move] Flight over the Security guys, walking on toward the door.

    ReplyDelete
  108. GM Replies to Stalker

    You're able to restrain him, but he's flaying around on the ground, breathing heavily, and sweating profusely, even though it's a bit chilly. He's trying hard to get to his feet, but can't do it as his hands are tied.

    As you begin to put in your call to Graig, you notice that you're being watched, as you turn, you see a man, who appears to be dressed in some sort of costume, something similar to what wrestler would wear.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  109. GM replies to T-Bolt

    The security guards are, momentarily stunned by what they see, and hesitate, but not wanting to look week in the eyes of their employer, one of them tries to take you (SG#4, who's in your left front arc) "@#$% this punk up!", Followed quickly by SG#6.
    SG#4 will try to bear hug you, and SG#6 will go for your legs, trying to tackle you.

    Actions

    ReplyDelete
  110. If the wrestler does not seem to be making any movement toward me then I will continue with my phone call, and take a photo of him with my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  111. Thunderbolt smirks, {Well I knew someone would have to try…hopefully intimidation has the others cowed enough they won’t try… if I take these two down …fast enough… intimidation is a great tool… but then again.. so is my fist!}

    Thunderbolt bursts into action, he does not wait but moves directly toward the advancing SG#4, lightly taking flight about a foot off the ground as thunderbolt leaps at him spinning around in flight to add force to the martial arts spin-heel kick he plants in the guard’s solar-plexis with a sickening crunch – part to knock the wind out of him and stun him momentarily… but then the lightning flash of his electrified body flares pumping painful volts into the twitching guard at the same time…

    “Ok. Dope, You get the Gift… hope you got good medical coverage!”

    WHUMP! BrazzzAaaaK-Zakk!!!!

    Thunderbolt’s Radar Sense noting SG#6 approach, head lowered to tackle his legs out from under him {though now with Thunderbolt floating in the air might reduce any such attempt to a mere grapple }, Thunderbolt merely flexes his will directing the magnetic fields around him and the two iron discus under his cloak dart out at the guard. One moving into his path at about knee level and is anchored in the air firmly there with a force of 500lbs behind it making a darting obstacle that suddenly is at the guard’s knees as he’s running at thunderbolt – a very solid tripping obstacle. The second discus darts out toward the guard’s lowered head for the tackle to provide an object for him to slam into face-first as it turns up on it’s flat side. Hopefully he will be unable to alter his course and plant his face and knees into the sudden metal barrier before him.

    Actions –
    [Action 1] Martial Arts Kick – Hand to Hand {5 ’11 w/Mods’ or less on D20 to hit} Basic HTH Damage: 1d8; Electrify Body =2d8

    [Move] Manipulate Metallic Objects – Hand to Hand {5 ’11 w/Mods’ or less on D20 to hit} Thunderbolt whipped them through the air darting them around him to a velocity of 61”, Discus weight 1 lbs each – On impact {Velocity only} Damage: 1d8 each
    * Note Thunderbolt is NOT attacking with the Discus! They are merely suddenly moved into SG#6’s path with velocity behind them. Thunderbolt wants to save an action for reaction to his violence. He does not want to be caught without…options.

    He is doing this by-the-numbers but not over-committing himself … he is after all outnumbered.

    [Action 2] Holding

    ReplyDelete
  112. GM Replies to T-Bolt

    As your two would be assailants move to subdue you, you instinctively react, floating off the floor to avoid being tackled, while simultaneously striking your attackers with the metal discs you carry. As one one of the discs impacts the security guard's knee, he yells out in pain, while second guard stumbles back, after whacking his head, on the other disc.

    As you admire your handy work, you hear the sound of a door opening behind you, and a clam, but forceful, voice booms out - "Alright gentlemen, that will be enough, I'll deal with this myself."

    As he speaks, the remaining security guards, begin to help their wounded comrades, and back away, allowing you some breathing room. You turn, and standing before you is a mountain of a well dressed man, standing every bit of 6'6", and smoking a cigarette. He seems to be completely unfazed by the events taking place before him.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  113. Thunderbolt shifts his stance to receive any hostilities from the newcomer but not turning to face the big bruisier… he can ‘see’ him perfectly well wherever he is standing.

    [ooc: Is he blocking the way to the door Thunderbolt was heading to or is he off to a side somewhere.]

    Thunderbolt speaks without turning to him but pauses his pace toward the door, “Heh. Nice suit. Armani? I’m Thunderbolt - and who are you supposed to be? I can see… you’re big…but that is not enough. I can tell by your dress… you STILL ain’t ready to deal with me! I’m not some punk who is impressed by your muscles. But just for the record… is your Boss still here… or has he rabbited already? If so… there really is no point in my fighting you in here… wreck this nice place and endanger these nice people… If your Boss ain’t here… I blew it… So…we can take this outside?”

    [Thunderbolt is trying to read the man’s responses maybe he’ll feel arrogant enough to tell the truth or Thunderbolt will sense a lie based the shifting magnetic fields around his body if his radar sense can sense such minute tell-telle readings. Thunderbolt is ACTAULLY now concerned about the civis… he was not expecting a superbattle… inside the night club. He figured he’d be fast enough and intimidating enough to get in quickly… but it seems super enforcement has been called up…he’s not surprised it was only a matter of time, considering how HARD he’s been leaning on the Street Drug dealers… now he wishes he had a team of fellow vigilantes to help him.}

    Actions –
    [Move] Manipulate Metallic Objects –Hold his handles metallic objects at the ready.

    [Action 1 & 2] Holding for defensive purposes first… He is unsure what this super can do… so he’s playing defensive until he can really assess his threat level.

    ReplyDelete
  114. GM Replies to Stalker

    While I'm waiting for Dave's reply, you're able to snap a quick pic of the "wrestler' with your cell phone, and hit the send button. He doesn't appear to be making any threatening moves toward you, or your prisoner. Your prisoner, on the other hand, is wired, and now seems to be having difficulty breathing, as he's beginning to to foam at the mouth.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  115. Slik, seeing that the man on the ground has gotten the best of it, approaches the scene and readies himself for battle... regretting that he failed to replace his chain...
    "And what goes on here? Trying to make hash of this man on the ground, eh? That's rather uncouth...."

    ReplyDelete
  116. I make sure the man's mouth is clear of any obstruction. Then call Craig and have him send EMT's. Then I will approach the wrestler, see if I can get any information out of him

    ReplyDelete
  117. GM Replies to T-Bolt

    The well dressed mountain of a man, now standing before Thunderbolt, blocking the doorway in the process, listens to Thunderbolt’s comments, and smiles, before commenting. "Who Am I supposed to be? For simplicity's sake, you may call me Anvil. As for to my employer, let's just say that I represent certain business interests, who wish to remain anonymous at this time, so I’ll kindly ask you to refrain from roughing up the staff of this establishment, it tends to frighten the customers. If you’d prefer to step outside, I’m sure we could come to an agreement.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  118. GM Replies to Slik

    As you approach the man in the dark costume, and helm, you can see that he seems to be trying to make the man on the ground as comfortable as possible, by placing him in a position that will prevent him from choking on his own fluids. He then turns, and begins to approach you.

    ReplyDelete
  119. GM Replies to Stalker

    As you get a closer look at the masked wrestler, it dawns on you that you've seen him somewhere before, but it takes a second for you to remember where. Then it hits you, on the TV the other night, he and a guy in an armored suit were fighting some costumed villain. They'd saved a cop, and stopped a helicopter from crashing. As all of this is going through your head, the costumed vigilante speaks (see Slik's comments).

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  120. As the helmed character positions the man Slik takes notice... curious notice...
    (thinking to self) "Hmmm... okay, that's bizarre... I'm no medical expert but I've had enough training here and there to know that after beating this guy to a pulp he's sorta trying to make sure the man don't die... Heck, I'm tired too, awfully tired... and alone. That gunman would have probably made a bloody pulp of Swiss cheese out of of me had it not been for Diesel being around. I think I'll approach this one with a bit of caution... till I figure out who's on who's side." (thinking over)

    Slik, still in a cautious stance, takes an obvious look down at the action and then back at the strange character before him.
    "So, you beat this guy up and now you're saving him, what gives?"

    ReplyDelete
  121. Thunderbolt … is somewhat taken aback. {No threats, No name calling, even… a bit of Politeness!!!}

    Thunderbolt, turns to directly face Anvil regarding him with his eyes respectfully.

    “Well, now. That’s unexpected? No threats, no name calling… even some politeness! I’d have to be a real ass to turn down such a kindly presented offer!”

    Thunderbolt casually looks about at the people watching.

    Then says, “Ok. There are too many people around here… you got your truce. I’ll go outside… and we’ll talk… I mean that. Likely your super-powered too so I can’t get what I want with you here… without risking hurting a lot of innocent people and causing a lot of unnecessary property damage. So… ‘my word’ on it… you’ll have no more trouble out of me tonight… IF YOU don’t start any trouble. But I would like to talk. Let’s go…”

    Thunderbolt readies his magnetic control… he is taking a risk… but to assume every super-powered thug has no honor… is not a path he wants to go down. It’s a slippery slide to becoming judge/jury and executioner. He really was not expecting super-powered muscle tonight - not in the night club full of people. He turns and floats for the front door… seemingly lowering his guard but with his radar sense he is quite ready to deal with the muscled thug if he attempts to blindside him. Thunderbolt only smiles inwardly… Anvil’s already defeated… all those metal rings on his fingers, and likely a metal buckle for his belt… completely vulnerable to Thunderbolt throwing him around the room like a dirty rag-doll…but people would get hurt. Shawn is not willing to risk that…plus who says muscles are the only power this Anvil has? If it were a dock front warehouse out in the open … Shawn would risk thrashing this guy but not here. Besides… he was awful polite for a muscled thug! Thunderbolt IS a vigilante… but he is one with style… not just power.

    Actions –
    [Move] Fly & Manipulate Metallic Objects – Hold his handles metallic objects at the ready and ‘lock-on’ to the metal Anvil is wearing incase he decides to start something…

    [Action 1 & 2] Holding for defensive purposes first… He is unsure what this super can do… so he’s playing defensive until he can really assess his threat level.

    ReplyDelete
  122. GM Replies to T-Bolt

    Anvil listens to your response, and smiles as he motions toward an exit door near the rear of the club. He waits for you to head toward it, and follows, keeping a short distance between you and him. As the two of you exit the building, he ensures the door is secured behind him, turns, and speaks.

    "I want to make sure you understand exactly who it is you're dealing with. The people I work for are very well connected, and they don't like trouble, and you young man...are trouble, and trouble is bad for business.

    I'm not a man prone to violence, as feel that two men should be able to come to some sort of business arrangement, that's beneficial to all parties involved, but I'll do what I feel is necessary to get my point across, and ensure my employer's interests are looked out for. I've been doing this type of work for a very long time, and I'm quite good at what I do."

    As he speaks, you notice the asphalt under his feet is beginning to crack, as though a lot of weight was being placed on it.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  123. Thunderbolt floats outside past all the club customers and turns once outside waiting patiently as Anvil secures the front doors to the night club. Thunderbolt keeps his distance at about 30 feet or so floating about three feet off the ground.

    Shawn listens to Anvil and notes his apparent increase in weight, {hmmmm, ok… some kind of density increase, or earth manipulation… perhaps even gravity control! Alright change in tactical approach… useful to know for later…}

    Thunderbolt nods, “Do you have family Anvil? Or more to the point …do you have people … out there somewhere in the world that are important to you…personally? Don’t answer, just think about it. Do you know what your ‘bosses’ are pushing on the streets? Do you know what this ‘boost’ does to people?”

    He pauses.

    “It makes them into people like me. In fact, I’m a product of those drugs… or at least an experimental version of them before they were pushed on the streets in full force. I believe those drugs come from the Pharmaceutical Corporation GENOM. Do you know how difficult it is to get human testing approved for experimental drugs through the FFDCA? Very hard!”

    “Members of my family and I were abducted and experimented on with those drugs. We didn’t die… by pure luck. But I can only guess the people responsible decided it would be easier to do their testing on the lower-end poor folk of this city than face the government regulatory committees.”

    “Boost is deadly… but it is not just some recreational drug… it gives superhuman powers… and drives its users into psychotic fits and more often than not kills on an OD! Yeah I know drugs have always been dangerous …you play with them you take your chances… but this is not crack, or cocaine, or heroin… those addicts can’t throw cars through school buildings! This stuff is dangerous not to just the user but anyone else around them!”

    “You get my point - if this crap is let spread to the general usage world-wide… eventually someone you care about will be at risk of some freak hopped up on this crap knocking down a build cause he’s crazed? I’m sure somewhere in the world, you got people… friends, family maybe. You seem to be an intelligent professional mercenary, I can respect that. You do a job you get paid… are you really ok with your bosses experimenting on and killing kids with this smack?”

    As Thunderbolt speaks the air around him becomes… almost electric… like a MASSIVE static charge were building lights begin to sporadically flicker from the surrounding blocks. Thunder bolt’s hair begins to wave and stand almost on end and his metallic mesh cloak begins to rustle and flutter to an unfelt magnetic breeze building around him as Thunderbolt begins drawing power from the very power grid of Empire City! True to Thunderbolt’s word - there is no lightning arcing but the electric feel to the air is unmistakable! It is in match to the apparent increase in Anvil’s weight…showing the mercenary… Thunderbolt is preparing as well and has not missed Anvil’s own exercise of power!

    Actions –
    [Move] Fly & Manipulate Metallic Objects – Hold his handled metallic objects at the ready. Also Thunderbolt is ‘locking on’ to the pipes below the street beneath Anvil ready to bend them into a Electrical grid for all the electrical power he is gathering… if he jumps… Thunderbolt will be ready to give Anvil the ‘high-pro-glow of several thousand Volts!

    [Action 1] Electric {Lightning} Control - Stretching out his will to the surrounding power grid, Thunderbolt is being subtle, he is not planning to attack but his is gathering electrical power from the cities own power grid for added power if it should be necessary. Mostly he is planning on blacking out the area to drive the area into darkness under which to make his exit. He made a promise and he keep his promises… he’s not interested in fighting. Though with that much gathered power he could really throw a lot of electrical pain Anvil’s way – that is not Shawn’s intention.

    [Action 2] Holding

    ReplyDelete
  124. [ooc: Hey Dsummer, Remeber back at the beginning of this encounter... Thunderbolt called the ECPD informing them of the two-drug-dealers with the package came to this club and were speaking with their Boss? Are the ECPD going to send anyone to even look into this tip? They have already met Thunderbolt once and he identified himself as the caller.]

    ReplyDelete
  125. I make sure my hands are held up in front of me so he can see I am not armed.Then I activate the speakers so my voice will not be a giveaway.

    "Not trying to be anything like that at all. Just trying to catch some drug runners."

    Then I make sure to pull my hood back up to obscure as much of the helmet as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  126. Thunderbolt floats in the air slowly edging up to 5 feet above the ground his arms crossed at his chest. He seems unconcerned about Anvil’s apparent increase in weight. His White metal mesh cloak fluttering at his back his hair whipping in the air about him…but there is no apparent breeze of such magnitude. The unseen ‘magnetic breeze’ heralds the amount of raw electrical and magnetic power he is gathering from the very power grid of Empire City and the very magnetic field of the earth’s spinning molten core. He does not intend to fight …merely waiting for Anvil’s reply… but he is definitely prepared to defend himself if the mercenary decides to try to take a crack at him. Sending out his radar sense Thunderbolt scans for any snipers or other hidden threats… these ARE criminals… they are not above acting dishonorably… even if Anvil might have some glimmer of respectability.. his Bosses probably don’t!

    Rapidly Shawn’s boosted electrical patterns in his brain, a ‘subtle’ side effect of his electromagnetic powers, process the many options available to him - in effect Shawn ‘thinks’ faster… ‘magnetically blocking the metal rings on Anvil’s very hands should he try to throw a punch at him, rending the metal pipes in the street below Anvil to let his increased mass collapse him into a impromptu sink-hole, bending the pipes to the surface to create a make-shift Van Dergraf machine and pour hundreds of AMPs from himself and the power-grid of the city to ”discourage” Anvil from keeping consciousness under the electrical barrage Thunderbolt could smite him with, or just magnetically wrap him in the nearby power lines and see how Anvil enjoys becoming the Empire City’s first fleshy ‘Jacob’s Ladder’ and load resistor for the entire city as Thunderbolt pours the entire weight of the city’s power grid into him for one ferocious second before the lines melt and the transformers down the block explode from the electrical load…

    So… many options…

    Shawn ponders, {I hope he decides to just talk… like I asked. Fighting now accomplishes nothing, plus… I made a promise I intend to keep! I would hate to have to wreck this block cause he thought he could take me. I only need to delay him… and just fly away. He looks smart… maybe he realizes this as well?}

    Actions –

    [Move] Fly & Manipulate Metallic Objects – Hold his handled metallic objects at the ready. Also Thunderbolt is ‘locking on’ to the pipes below the street beneath Anvil. Seize control of local area magnetic fields ready to defend with them.

    [Action 1] Electric {Lightning} Control - Draw in power from City power grid.

    [Action 2] Holding

    ReplyDelete
  127. GM Replies to Stalker

    I'm waiting on Slik's reply before responding. I'll holler at him, and see what he wants to do.

    ReplyDelete
  128. GM Replies to T-Bolt

    While the Police will eventually arrive, a call from a club about a couple of drug dealers, even one's they'd been watching, isn't going to get the type of response you're hoping for, unless things begin to get out of hand. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  129. GM's Reply to T-Bolt pt. 2

    Anvil speaks - "Well, it's readily apparent that you're not some average run of the mill street punk. But, you're not the first cape that thought he was just going to waltz in, and get in my employer's business. Every couple of years, one of you capes gets a bug up his @$$, and decides, he wants to "clean up" the town, maybe his little sister got a hold of some bad $*%^, or his high school buddy scored from the wrong dealer, and to be honest, I don't give a S&%^, as it's not my problem. Do you really think that what you're doing is going to make one damn bit of difference?

    The simple fact is, life sucks, and people want to escape the suck. They want and outlet, a way to escape their s&^%$ little lives, and the misery of every day life. A way to become someone else for a few hours. And the people I work for give them that outlet. And as long as there's a buck to be made, someone will figure out a way to capitalize on that need to be someone else, someone powerful, or famous. At this particular moment, those people happen to pay my salary, and I'm going to ensure they get what they're paying for. If that means I have to crush you in the process, then so be it."

    ReplyDelete
  130. Thunderbolt shakes his head sadly.

    “I sort of figured that would be your response… a pity. Well I promised I would make no more trouble tonight …and I keep my promises. You …Anvil were…not …counted on tonight… not unexpected, just not counted on someone like you making an appearance here and now. I figured eventually they’d get wise and hire some super-powered thug like you. No mater... I can’t get what I want tonight… without hurting innocent people and not likely even doing that would guarantee success anyways! So fighting you now serves no purpose. But you can deliver a message to your bosses for me.”

    Thunderbolt rises into the air rapidly - up 50’ft and an additional 50’ft back from his original location, lighting exploding from his body - arcing violently around him.

    Then Thunderbolt raises his voice… which is echoed from every speaker, every cell-phone, and every radio in the whole two block area,”Tell your bosses – THIS IS WAR!

    I WILL FIND THEM.
    I WILL FIND THOSE WHO ARE SUPPLYING THEM.
    I WILL FIND THOSE WHO ARE RESPONCIBLE…
    …AND I’M GOING TO BURN IT ALL DOWN!!!

    IF THEY KEEP PUSHING THIS BOOST ON THE STREET… THEY WILL BE TARGET NUMBER 1# AND I WILL KEEP HURTING THEM UNTIL THEY STOP!!!

    I AM A MASTER OF ELECTRICITY AND MAGNETISM,

    I’M GOING TO HIT THEM WHERE IT HURTS THE MOST… THEIR BANK ACCOUNTS!!!

    SOON THEY WILL NOT HAVE ENOUGH CASH TO HIRE A BELL-HOP…LET ALONE A MERCENARY LIKE YOU!!!

    EN-FUCKING GUARD!!!”

    With that in an incandescing flash of lighting and crackling electrical fury Thunderbolt tears off into the night causing the lights in a two block area shutter dimly dropping the area into a brief stygian darkness before the local power relays restore regular flow.

    Thunderbolt however is long gone …only an occasional spark or lighting arc from an energized transformer down the block indicating he was ever there.

    Actions –
    [Move] Fly

    [Action 1] Electric {Lightning} Control - Speical effects interrupt electrical grid power and control machines speakers not really an attack or control or seizing of data… merely a rather flashy display of his power …and obvious and ominous threat, he intends to carry out.

    [Action 2] Holding, Thunderbolt is not dropping his guard against Anvil… he is still ready to kick ass if the superpowered thug pushes for a fight!

    ReplyDelete
  131. Slik looks down at the man and then at Stalker. Well, I guess we are pretty much in the same line of work. "Which is good, because I had a wild night last night and I'm still very tired and really don't want to fight anyone right now unless it's needed. I'm Slik Slander, by the way..."

    ReplyDelete
  132. GM Replies to T-Bolt

    Impressed with your display, Anvil responds. "Well.... I'll give you this, you can put on one hell of a show, but as I said, BOY, I've seen you capes come, and I've seen you go, but in the end, I'm the one who's always left standing."

    And with that, he adjusts his tie, and brushes off his jacket.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  133. GM Replies to Slik & Stalker

    As the two of you converse, you hear the sounds of gurgling coming from the man on the ground, he then begins to convulse violently, before he suddenly goes still and stops breathing.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  134. I step over to check his pulse. I try to keep the newcomer in my sight while doing so. Looking back up at the newcomer I stand back up."He won't be giving me any information in this condition,so let's see if you can. Who are you?"

    ReplyDelete
  135. Slik quickly answers, "I'm Slik Slander... well, that's at least what I go by... and if you mean that his condition is that without a pulse then I'm going to have to do CPR...."
    Slik kneels down to check for pulse, hoping that he's not going to have to lift the lower part of his mask up...

    ReplyDelete
  136. GM replies to T-Bolt.

    As you fly off into the cool night sky, your anger begins to subside, and you have time to think of what's just transpired. It dons on you Anvil was somewhat right, knocking off two bit dealers, and busting heads isn't going to get you anywhere, as some other low life will gladly take their place. What you need to do is hit them where it hurts the most, their wallets.

    Cut off their cash, not the nickel and dime stuff from street dealers, but their bank accounts, credit cards, and money laundering operations. But to do that, you'll need to gather a bit more information, and get access to their computers and phone systems.

    After getting a bit of rest, you go about gathering as much information as possible on the Leonetti's and the cities other crime families. From what you can gather, they're many of them are known to hang out at the club you raided the other evening.

    You decide to swing back by, over the next few days, and using your machine control abilities, do a little "fishing". Keeping out of site, you begin to build a databse of phone numbers, passwords to smart phones, and any other electronic information you can. Keeping meticulous notes, as that's one thing your father always told you about police work, you start to develop a detail picture of who the Leonetti's known associates are.

    Up to this point, your little late night electronic "raids" have been running pretty smoothly. It's become so easy for you to enter their phone and computer systems, it's almost like second nature to you. As you take up position for what you hope to be your final surveillance mission, you take up position, when you notice something out of the ordinary, two costumed men standing over the body of a man who's hands are restrained behind his back. The man appears to be convulsing, then suddenly stops.

    One of the two men standing over him, the one who appears to be dressed as a wrestler, moves toward him, and bends down. It's not quite clear exactly what he's doing. (and remember, you've never seen any of these guys before).

    ReplyDelete
  137. GM replies to Slik and Stalker.

    You're suspect has gone into cardiac arrest. he's not breathing, and you can't get a pulse. He's covered in sweat, has foamy spit covering his mouth, his skin is warm to the tough, and he's as limp as a dead fish. It's readily apparent that if he doesn't get help fast, he's not going to make it.

    Slik immediately recognizes what's happening, and jumps in to begin CPR on him. Pumping furiously, he tries to restart the drugged out thug's heart. As he does so, Stalker gets the feeling that they're being watched, but he's not sure from where, or by whom.

    Within seconds, Slik's patient coughs, and his body flexes, but he's still not conscious. Slik determines, that he'll need some immediate medical attention as his heartbeat and breathing are very irregular.

    While the to of you work to revive him, the woman who'd stumbled out of the club wakes up to the scene and screams, as she's not sure what's going on.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  138. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  139. Thunderbolt sees the man convulsing and the two costumed figures standing over him and reacts his impulsiveness making him act perhaps a little too quickly without thinking it completely through tactically… he can save the man and that is exactly what he intends to do!

    Thunderbolt spins up his magnetic field around him ready to turn any gunfire he floats all six of his metal discus to orbit him rapidly in a spinning metal shield ready to intercept any incoming non-metallic physical attacks … and finally his charges his electric body ready to pump painful amps into anyone who is foolish enough to lay a hand upon him. Then he takes flight from his perch coming in rapidly trialing a sheath of crackling electrical fury.

    {Ok. Criminals are a superstitious and cowardly lot… maximum intimidation factor should keep them off balance …long enough for me to determine the situation… and how best to save their victim… I hope! The victim looks bad, an O.D.?}

    In a crackling trail of lightning the alley is lit up with the sudden appearance of a young man in a black and maroon costume, a duster-like longcoat, armored shin guards & forearm guards, armored shoulders, sword slung across his back with a white flowing cloak and shock white hair – in flight! He is surrounded by a nimbus of charged electricity that illuminates the alley with its bluish radiance causing the very hairs of one’s skin begin to raise in the proximity of the arcing fury. Orbiting around him in a rapid pattern are several metal discus forming a spinning barrier of metal also arcing dangerous lightning between their rapidly spinning spherical orbit.

    His voice is calm but grimly threatening, “Evening fellas! I’m Thunderbolt… don’t make me hurt you! I think that man there has had enough of your company… BACK OFF him, right now - or he’ll not be the only one on the ground hurting! A little extreme for a pair a costumed thugs to beat down one normal guy don't you think? Don’t you hoods have banks to rob or something for your boss Mr. Leonetti? Leave the man alone... or I'll see to it Mr. Leonetti will NOT be able to afford the hospital bills you WILL get messing with me!!!”

    Snaking out of his duster pocket slithers a hooked Kyogetsu-Shoge on a wire cable that moves like a metal snake to encircle the man and hover over him protectively like the head of a metal cobra…

    Actions –
    [Move] Fly & Maintain control of metallic items – 10 lbs Capacity used {estimated…likely less}

    [Action 1] Electric {Lightning} Control - Electrify Body.

    [Action 2] Holding, Thunderbolt is ready to attack or defend as needed - not dropping his guard against the two unknown costumed thugs!

    ReplyDelete
  140. Diesel takes a deep breath. He steps out from behind his cover.

    "And who might that hitter be? Any chance he's the one who made the news last night shooting down a helicopter?"

    Diesel takes a defensive stance.

    ReplyDelete
  141. As you step out into the open, the two stunned thugs can't quite believe their eyes.

    Thug #1 - drops, the hand truck he's pushing. "What da...Who da hell are you?"

    Thug #2 - "Don't stand there moron, shoot him!" and with that, he reaches for a pistol tucked in his pants.

    You've got the initiative and two actions.

    ReplyDelete
  142. First action: If I can reach Thug #2, I'll swat him before he can reach the gun.

    Second action: If I didn't take him out, hit him again.


    If I did take him out (or rather when I do), I'll turn to Thug #1 and say "I suggest you talk, little man, as I don't think Leonetti's going to like hearing that his warehouse burned down because two of his goons were careless."
    With that Diesel ignites his flamethrower.

    ReplyDelete
  143. I look up to see the man above us with the spinning weapons hovering without any visible support. I take a defensive stand and wait. He just mentioned Leonetti and he may be able to help me get closer to the mobster. I hope that I don't have to take on both the new arrival and the man helping the dope-head

    ReplyDelete
  144. Thunderbolt shifts his position slightly at the scream of the woman he did not ‘see’ he was so focused upon the two costumed perps, {…Rats more civis in the way! Can’t fight here …could hurt them!}

    Thunderbolt moves back a little about 20’ft and floats 5’ft above the ground…hoping to tempt them to come to him away from the fragile civis and giving himself a little more room to operate, not missing the one helmeted costumed perp taking a defensive stance…

    Knowledge: Martial Arts [79%] - to Identify what kind of potential training the helmeted guy has by his stance.

    “Alright… what’s going on here… a mugging? I thought you thugs were paid better than that by Mr. Leonetti… or are my efforts really starting to ‘hurt’ his wallet so much his hired muscle has to knock over club goers for the pocket change?”

    {A little bit of psychology here… see if I can gode them away from the civis… with some word barbs… Darn that guy on the ground looks bad… I may just have to attack to scare them off if possible to make this quick so I can get him medical help! Don’t really want to do that…}

    Actions –
    [Move] Fly & Maintain control of metallic items – 10 lbs Capacity used {estimated…likely less}

    [Action 1] Electric {Lightning} Control - Electrify Body.

    [Action 2] Holding, Thunderbolt is ready to attack or defend as needed - not dropping his guard against the two unknown costumed thugs!

    ReplyDelete
  145. Satisfied that he can do all that he can right now, Slik looks up from the body and sees the new arrival, just in time to hear his introduction. Slik curses to himself, hating the possibility of getting into another fight. Hoping that by the introduction this newcomer is yet another costumed hero, Slik decides to pull all stops and go for a more direct approach to the newly developed situation... one that might remedy yet another problem at hand.
    "Look, as much as I'd love to chat with you all evening about Leonetti, we've got to get an ambulance here pronto. Me doin' CPR ain't gonna keep this one alive forever..."

    ReplyDelete
  146. Thunderbolt shifts his attention to the other costumed perp, “Is he in cardiac arrest? I can save him… step away from him…” {…Ok… maybe these guys don’t work for Leonetti… Got to take a chance…}

    Thunderbolt concentrates for a moment seizing control of his cell phone and makes a call to the nearby Hospital using his throw away phone calling for an ambulance with a electronically made call.

    Thunderbolt moves close carefully watching the two for a trap. He wills the spinning sphere of metal disks to rise up above him orbiting in a rapid tight circle like a halo of spinning metal some 20’ft above him – the disks keeping their angular velocity if he sees the need to hurl one. His arcing lightning sheath fades and he lands walking toward the two costumed men.

    Speaking, “I’ve called the hospital …just now they are on their way… no tricks… I’m going to stabilize his heart rate…attack me… and I’ll NOT be gentle!”

    Moving over to the downed man he says to the woman, “Calm down miss…go back inside the club… everything will be alright….”

    Glancing at the metal exit door Thunderbolt triggers magnetically the speed bar inside and opens the door for her.

    The air about him smells strongly of ozone and his shock-white hair and amber-gold eyes almost glow in the shadows. His presence causes the hair on ones arms to stand up. There is indeed a katana across his back and under his duster the bulge of a large pistol in a shoulder holster cannot be missed. His white cloak rustles to a breeze that is not felt or heard and his every motion sounds like the shifting of very fine metal mesh or mail.

    Reaching down Thunderbolt touches the man’s chest over his heart and on his side… exactly where the paddles of a defibrillator would be placed, thinking {…thank god for google!}. Then just as he has practiced over the past few weeks he generates an AED (Automated external defibrillator) pulse just like the normal device paramedics’ use to give the man’s heart a jolt to get it beating again. Focusing his Radar Sense on the man’s chest he notes when the heart begins beating again and switches his electrical pulse to a rhythmic pacemaker pulse just to keep his heart a steady stable beat.

    Thunderbolt says, “I have defibed his heart and my touch is acting as a pacemaker for his heart beat… he should be ok until the paramedics arrive. Now, who are you guys… you don’t work for Mr. Leonetti do you… an ex-Navy seal… and a wrestler?”

    Actions –
    [Move] Fly & Maintain control of metallic items – 10 lbs Capacity used {estimated…likely less}, trigger metal door speed bar…

    [Action 1 & 2] Electric {Lightning} Control - Electrify Body. Thunderbolt is focusing on the man trying his hardest to control his lightning control so no saved actions for defense

    ReplyDelete
  147. Stalker watches the young man act as a defib machine with some interest. "No I don't work for Leonetti, but obviously you don't either"

    He steps back into the shadows as best he can in the now crowded alley way. He takes out his camera and tries to get a photo of the new arrival

    ReplyDelete
  148. Thunderbolt gets an …annoyed look upon his masked face and says casually to the man in shadows, “…just exactly what do you expect to do with that photo? I can magnetically ruin it and I doubt you could really do anything to stop me… a simple magnetic pulse from right here. That is not a threat… just a question. I, of course, have pictures of you two as I was …electronically staking out this place this evening and heard this…’whatever this was’… in the alley here. So fair is fair, but I am curious…?”

    He turns to look at them both crouched by the man’s side still touching the chest. His vibrant Hazel colored eyes flick and almost glow in the shadows like frozen lightning… it is in stark contrast to his shock white straight hair that flows to his shoulders. The top of his mask is open allowing his hair to fall free, but on close examination you realize… the young man is black from the line of skin revealed at the hairline and from his fingerless mesh-like gloves.

    “By the way… I introduced myself… in Japanese culture its very rude not to introduce yourself in return…as we are, I guess, like Ronin. Master-less warriors who stalk and hunt these streets…”

    ReplyDelete
  149. Slik, seeing that his immediate services aren't needed, casually plops his butt down on the asphault and looks up at the new arrival.
    "Well, seeing how I've not had a bit of rest since helping the cops out last night, I've got to admit that I prefer your suggestions of greetings over another fight. I'm Slik Slander."

    ReplyDelete
  150. Thunderbolt’s mask smiles and he cocks his head at a curious angle, “…interesting name. Seems familiar…were you on the news recently? Nice to meet you Slik. 'A strong man knows how to fight, a smart man knows what to fight, but a wise man knows when to fight!' I’d rather be wise.”

    Glancing at the man in shadows way, “You two have metahuman powers or are you martial specialists?”

    ReplyDelete
  151. Slik glances over towards the costumed individual in the shadows as well and then turns back to Thunderbolt... "Not too sure about my new aquaintance here but I'm a mix of both.... metahuman as you call it and martial... though admittingly a rather unrefined variety of martial. As for being on tv... possibly... don't know. I've been active the last several hours. If there has been any reports about an incident involving a downed police copter last night then yes, I was on the scene helping out Detective Jones and his friends in uniform."

    ReplyDelete
  152. Thunderbolt’s nods, “Ah… that’s it! I heard some police radio traffic on a pair of supers who took down some gunman assassin name Nemesis. A… Slik Slanderer and a Diesel? I recorded the data but have had no time to follow up on it. Nice work by the way… though a little dangerous hunting down a gun toting assassin with no armor - don’t you think? But …damn gutsy! Damn shame he got free… sounds like a cop on the take to me for him to get away so quickly… I tried hunting him down… but found nothing… got side tracked too. It seems Mr. Leonetti has hired himself a super powered thug named Anvil…real piece of work him. I’ve been trying to find Leonetti’s source for his Boost drugs he’s pushing one the streets and crush it! I’m pretty sure it’s connected with this pharmaceutical company - GENOM. So far no luck …but I’ve been causing all sort of electronic havoc with his liquid cash… if I make it too expensive to push the stuff… he’ll stop eventually… just have to cost him enough!”

    ReplyDelete
  153. Stalker puts away the camera and makes sure that his voice is modulated by the mask before he speaks. "I'm just a man who has a reason to talk to Leonetti and his men. I stalk them like the scum they are,nothing more,nothing less. Thank you for the help with the civilian" He steps forward from the shadows a bit. "Leonetti has hired a meta? Are you sure?"

    ReplyDelete
  154. Thunderbolt meets the mysterious metal-helmed figure’s gaze levelly, “We are all ‘just men’ manhunter… with but a single man’s courage… nothing more is needed… besides the will to stand up for justice and the compassion to defend those who cannot defend themselves from scum like Leonetti. If that is the ‘sort’ of man you are… you have my greetings and welcome… I did not want the ‘civi’ going spastic on us.”

    He turns to address both the ‘manhunter’ and Slik Slanderer, “As for Leonetti’s meta-muscle I can confirm that personally. Big bruiser of a guy, wears expensive suits and rings on all his fingers – carries himself with confidence … a pro. Been at it a while. Probably meta-human strength and he seems to possess some density increasing power to make himself heavier…likely ups his strength and makes him even more resilient to harm. Not sure if it is a gravitic manipulation, a earth controlling power or just a simple internal personal power. He showed up when I was tapping the new cell-phones of some of Leonetti’s thugs inside a club as listening bugs. They were talking to some boss not sure if it was Leonetti himself or another of his ‘wise-guys’ when they all walked into a signal shielded area. I decided to walk in and do, some ‘personal’ interrogation of my own of the lot of them. The club’s bouncers were no match for me - could not have stopped me on their best day… but then Anvil, Leonetti’s hired meta-thug, showed up! I was not prepared to fight a Meta in a club full of civis… too much risk of hurting innocents and more property damage than I was interested in doing… I kinda like that club anyways. So we took it outside and had a ‘chat’. I was not prepared for a Meta to show… not unexpected – pretty much guessed eventually Leonetti would get a clue and hire a ‘specialist’, but ‘Anvil’ was not in the plans for the evening. I didn’t see the need to fight when I could not get what I wanted without a lot of destruction… with no real guarantee I could even get what I wanted. If the boss was smart he’d already vacated anyways, plus I did not want to fight on Anvil’s ‘terms’. So I left after chatting with Anvil a bit… he’s smart… not a genius mind, but not a typical meat head with far too much muscle than brain. Like I said a pro… completely amoral…of course! “

    ReplyDelete
  155. Slik gets up off the asphault, brushes his self off, and responds,
    "Well, seeing how we all three have the same goals in mind I'd be more than willing to help in any way I can, if my help is wanted. Due to a strange little episode I've found myself to be a great deal stronger and more agile than I usta be, and I have this neat little ability to scale up and down walls... which helps in crowded and hectic situations. I'm no genius myself but I've got a college level of intelligence, I guess you could say. Also, there's this weird thing I can do now... I can't really describe it entirely... but I found that I can focus on someone and demand that they spill the truth about stuff... it sorta makes them tired, annoyed, and babbling when I do that.. or so it seems. Very odd really. Don't know how well it would work on a meta but it does a smash up wonderful job on the local bullies and thugs."

    ReplyDelete
  156. "If it will help bring Leonetti's empire down. I'm in"

    ReplyDelete
  157. Thunderbolt stands and looks both men in the eyes… his glowing gaze looking deep and meaningfully into to the other fellow warriors before him.

    Slowly he nods solemnly.

    “Very well then…

    “We are RONIN!
    We serve only Justice,
    We make war upon those who spread crime.
    We do not compromise, and we do not yield in our goals!
    We stand beside our fellow warriors in battle…
    the cause of the innocent is our only master!”

    Will you two commit to this pact of honor?”

    Thunderbolt holds out his hand palm down.

    ReplyDelete
  158. GM Replies to the group at Club Ecstasy

    As the three of you continue to converse amongst yourselves, you hear a booming voice from behind you.

    "Apparently, you're not as smart as I pegged you. You and your little playmates are about to learn a hard lesson on how things work in the real world."

    T-Bolt, the hair on the back of your stands up, as you instantly recognize it as Anvil's.

    As the thee of you turn toward the sound of the voice, you see that he's not alone, he's brought along two companions. His two companions, a bookish looking male in glasses, and female initially don't appear to be much of a threat, but you know that's not likely.

    Figure out your initial reactions and then post them over in One Night in Ecstasy.

    ReplyDelete
  159. GM Replies to Diesel

    Sorry for the long delay, I somehow missed your reply, when you posted. So now I've got to play catch-up.

    You swing (making a special attack) at thug #2 knocking the pistol from his hands, as he yells out in pain, from the force of you blow. "Owww...I think he broke my hand!"

    His partner, thug 1, decides to beat a hasty retreat. "Ta hell wit dis." Turns, and begins to run away.

    You've got the initiative and two actions.

    ReplyDelete
  160. Diesel grabs the thug and repeats his question. "Who is that hitter you mentioned and where is Leonetti?"

    ReplyDelete
  161. GM Replies to Diesel

    As the shaken thug's eyes begin to well up, he begins to shake and whimper, before finally responding to your questions - "I...I'm not sure. Death something...sniffle. He's supposed to be some kind of big shot hitman the boss brought in from out of town. He's supposed to have taken out a couple of capes up in Chicago...sniffle. I swear on my mother's grave that's all I know...sniffle."

    It's readily apparent to you that this guy was taking tough to impress his co-worker, and really doesn't know anything more than he's told you.

    Meanwhile, his partner is beating feet out the door as fast as his legs will carry him, while occasionally glancing over his shoulder to make sure he's not being followed.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  162. "OK, last question, and then you can go run and play. If this hitter were coming into town and the new boss wanted to show him a good time, where would he go?"

    Assuming he answers the questions, Diesel will let him go with open hands, wait until he runs away and then disappear back down into the waterworks. He will do this as discreetly, but as quickly as possible, before the other guy comes back with some big gun or other complication. Once he makes it back to the van, he'll drive to that location to scope it out.

    ReplyDelete
  163. GM Replies to Diesel

    "All I know is his nephew owns some new joint, some kind of club. It's supposed to be the $%^&, all the white bread club kids come to hang out with made guys, and get there picture taken."

    Once you let the little snitch go, you also notice that he seems to have lost control of his bladder. After he hot foots it out of the area, you're able slide out through the storm drains and make it back to your van unnoticed. A quick search of the internet tells you that several known associates of the Leonetti family are known to hand out at a new club, club Ecstasy. You pull up a map of the place, and can get there within the hour.

    As you make a quick drive by, you see the place is packed. Several muscle bound security guys, guard the front entrance and a long line snakes away from the front door. Dozens of young hip party goers eagerly await their chance to hob knob with the rich, famous, and in some cases, infamous of Empire City. There's a parking lot next to the place, and it's filled with expensive luxury cars, and a couple of doors near the back for deliveries.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  164. "I'm certainly not dressed well enough to get in the front door anytime soon. I could go around the back. Well, it worked before, sort of, not really I guess, but here goes."

    Diesel will scope out the back entrance first from the van, and then park in a deserted alley near to the back entrance. He'll try to get to the back entrance and knock on the door.

    ReplyDelete
  165. GM Replies to Diesel

    You can easily walk up to the back door, as there aren't any security guys near them. You do however notice a security camera, and when you try the door it's clearly locked from the inside.

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  166. "Ah, well. Let's try something else."
    Lorenzo will walk up to one of the people trying to get into the club. "Wow it looks crowded tonight, something special going on tonight?"

    ReplyDelete
  167. GM Replies to Diesel

    A young, athletic looking male responds -
    "You're kidding right? I mean its like this every night. I've been trying to get in for the last week, but those goons they've got at the door are being total d!(&$. And besides, I don't think you'll meet the dress code."

    ReplyDelete
  168. "Yeah, guess you're right."

    Lorenzo tries to figure out how the back entrance connects with the main part of the building.

    He watches for a while to see what kind of women get in and how they are dressed, so he can get a description if needed. He then walks up to the bouncer and entrance attendant.

    "Hey, excuse me. Could I talk to you for a minute? I hate to bring this up, but my kid sister is in there right now. My parents just discovered she snuck out of the house and are going ballistic. If they find out, they might call the cops to pull her out of here. If I can just go get her and get out quickly, I can bring her home and it'll be no trouble.

    Besides, do I look like I'm dressed to try to get in to your club tonight?" (he's clearly not)

    He pauses a moment for effect: "And she's underage." [Streetwise/Fast Talk]

    ReplyDelete
  169. GM Replies to Diesel

    The bouncer has the "Yeah right" look on his face, until you mention she's underage, at which point, his expression changes. He pulls a small hand held radio out off of his belt. "Hey Rico, we might have a problem here. One of the guys might have let some underage kid in her."

    Unknown voice responding- What the $*&*? I don't need this $#*& tonight. I'll be up there in a minute."

    About a minute later, a well dressed man comes to the front door, and the security guy you were talking to, addresses him. He explains that you've informed him that your underage sister may have entered the club, and that you're looking for her.

    The man addresses you, "Look, I'm not up for a bunch of games tonight. I got enough problems already, so I'm throwing you, and your sister out, and if I see either one of you again, I'm kicking both your @$$#s, you understand me?

    Actions?

    ReplyDelete
  170. [OOC] I'm afraid I'm confused. is he letting me in or not.

    [IC] If he lets me in, (even if he provides an "escort") I'll move through scan the area for any "interesting" people other than the normal attire expected for a club, and anything that looks like doors to private rooms, balconies, etc.

    Then I'll say "I guess she left. Look I'm real sorry to have troubled you guys."
    I'll give him a $20 for his troubles and then leave.

    "OK, that was interesting," Diesel says as he gets back in his van. "What did you think you were going to do? Fight a super in public with your bare hands.

    "Ah well, the short career of a wannabe superhero."

    Diesel drives home to go to bed.
    Then he gets a call from Slik.

    ReplyDelete
  171. GM Replies to Diesel

    Sorry for the confusion, but no, he's not letting you in, and goes looking for the girl you described to throw her out as well. As you figure you may have tipped your hand, you decide that desecration is the better part of valor, tip the guy, and quickly leave the scene.

    Upon returning home, you receive a call from your "partner in crime" Slik Slander, with a bit of good news.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.